Battery or AC:
Model: x415ja-ek1834w
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video: atteched
========================
Detailed description:
Greetings,
My 8 GB RAM OEM is only running at 2333 (see attached image), but is capable of doing 3200 Mhz (semiconductor.samsung.com/dram/module/sodimm/m471a5244cb0-cwe), but the latest BIOS (309) wont let me change any RAM settings. What should I do?

The RAM is the original RAM, I havent change anything at all.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
andresfelipeespinal
  1. System: x415ja laptop
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: x415ja-ek1834w
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video: atteched

========================

Detailed description:

Greetings,

My 8 GB RAM OEM is only running at 2333 (see attached image), but is capable of doing 3200 Mhz (semiconductor.samsung.com/dram/module/sodimm/m471a5244cb0-cwe), but the latest BIOS (309) wont let me change any RAM settings. What should I do?

The RAM is the original RAM, I havent change anything at all.

Asus X415JA laptop RAM problem
@andresfelipeespinal
I don't seem to see your attached image, could you please provide it to me again?
Also, which memory settings do you want to change?
Thank you.

Rachelgomez123
Star III
Fixing the Problem -
To remove a RAM module, you need to press the tiny levers on each end to release it.
Test each of your memory modules one at a time to find which ones are bad. When you find the sticks that are bad, you can order replacements. It is possible all the memory modules are damaged if your computer experienced a serious power surge.
If all the memory modules appear bad, then the problem is likely with the memory slot itself. Try testing each memory module in each of the memory slots to find if one of the slots is faulty. To fix a faulty slot, you would need to replace your motherboard.
When replacing a module, make sure the indention on the bottom is lined up correctly with the slot, and then press it in until you hear the levers snap. Note that some levers do not make a snapping sound.

This may help you,
Rachel Gomez

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.