This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before you buy the Rog6D, watch this topic

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Before you open your wallet, let others betatest the Rog6D for you.
Yes, the Rog6D sounds extremely good, long battery life, unparalleled gaming performance and seemingly many things fixed BUT, we still don't know if the issues on the Rog6 also are on the Rog6D, which are currently:
blowing up power IC
and
Attempting to nuke camera module.
I strongly advise to wait and see how its going to run on the longer term. Roughly 1-2months from now. Watch out for any reports of dead Rog6D phones or the like. If you find ANY reportedly dead Rog6D, refrain from buying.
19 REPLIES 19

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Nadzi

I had a S20Ultra S21Ultra S21Fe Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra Galaxy Z Fold 2.3 and never had a green screen. I had an Oppo Find X2 Pro, Oneplus 8Pro, Nothing Phone and they had a problem with a greenish display and also the last generation Asus Flip

View post
Its because samsung decided to make sure the lowest brightness level blinds you.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 has a same Green Tint Issue as the S20 Ultra; A fix is On the WayOn release they had green tint, however samsung decided to "fix" it by making sure you can go lower than a certain value so even at its lowest brightness level its way to bright. Someone who is light sensitive like me literally cannot use the phone at all.

Nadzi
Rising Star I
I decided on the asus 6d. I'm afraid to go classic version 6 when there's a hardware problem. Any chance Asus will ever comment on this??? I think the 6D will be a better choice. I will wait for availability and want it as soon as it is listed. The classic ROG 6 is currently on sale in Slovakia. Gift for purchase is Aero Active.

Nadzi
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229668#Comment_229668

Its because samsung decided to make sure the lowest brightness level blinds you.

https://tavesper.tech/2020/04/samsung-galaxy-s20-green-tint/

On release they had green tint, however samsung decided to "fix" it by making sure you can go lower than a certain value so even at its lowest brightness level its way to bright. Someone who is light sensitive like me literally cannot use the phone at all.

View post
Does the Asus Rog Phone also have such a green display?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Nadzi

I decided on the asus 6d. I'm afraid to go classic version 6 when there's a hardware problem. Any chance Asus will ever comment on this??? I think the 6D will be a better choice. I will wait for availability and want it as soon as it is listed. The classic ROG 6 is currently on sale in Slovakia. Gift for purchase is Aero Active.

View post
We don't know if 6D has hardware issues yet, I'd suggest waiting. As for commenting on issues, its very unlikely. Have you ever seen them comment on the Rog3 miscalibrated display? Ever seen them comment on Rog5 failures?

Nadzi
Rising Star I
Yes, I was really looking forward to the ROG 3. I bought it and had the same display problem as everyone here. This phone could not be used. The display was completely bad. I sold it. Then in the meantime I bought Z Fold 2. ROG5 came out later and when I got tired of Z Fold 2, I wanted to buy ROG 5, but there was a problem with the motherboard, wifi and speakers stopped working. I think ROG 6 will be top and suddenly I read that problems with cameras and overheating will destroy the whole phone. Sorry, maybe it's not about the money, but it's about the fact that I want to buy a phone and play, and not after unpacking to look for 5 problems and whether they have been solved... it's very sad and I'm surprised that ASUS management allowed such machines saw the light of day. In the era of Steve Jobs at Apple, Asus management would have been out of a job.