Zenfone 9 GPS inacurrate

pietje
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: Android 12, WW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): HealthMate (5.11.0), Strava (271.9)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

Hi
when using my phone as a gps tracker i notice that the gps is often behaving very inaccurate for instance in the picture below is was driving the bycicle on the right side off the road and removed my sweater at the red X before continuing my path. The gps said i crossed the road went way offroad and then came back. I also noticed the same behavior when walking around. It tells me im zigzagging accross the street etc. I made sure precise location is on, the apps can run in the background etc but to no avail. I am thinking this is a hardware issue. Or are any other people experiencing the same result?
image.png

When i was on a trip in Barcelona i was testing it extensively, i am just walking on one side of the street instead it shows this zig zag nonsense
screenshot-20220911-201223-health-mate.jpg

Different walk same result.
screenshot-20220911-201242-health-mate.jpg
Same result in strava, i cannot recall me running through houses and zig zagging...
screenshot-20220911-202428-strava.jpg

41 REPLIES 41

Kohinoor2
Star I
mickey10021

In this review, the gps seems working fine with good accuracy

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenfone-9-review-Light-5G-smartphone-almost-without-any-alternati...

View post
Hi mickey10021,
Thanks for the link. I totally forgot about notebookcheck.net. They are one of the few places, where they still do really in-depth reviews. So hopefully what is reported here on the forums are just experiences with some defective units!

Crimis
Rising Star I
mickey10021

In this review, the gps seems working fine with good accuracy

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenfone-9-review-Light-5G-smartphone-almost-without-any-alternati...

View post
This reviewer uses a bike ride, the GPS issue is only visible in slower recordings. To notice the GPS position jumping around by a couple of meters you need to stay more or less in the same area for a couple of seconds.

Rachelgomez123
Star III
Quick Method to Fix The Asus GPS Problem
Method #01: Reboot
Method #2: Remove any obstacle
Method #3: Check Power Saving Mode
Method #4: Turn on ‘High Accuracy’ Mode
Method #5: Update Google Maps
Method #6: Update the Android OS
Method #7: Refresh GPS and AGPS
Method #8: Use GPS Essentials
Method #9: Reset the Phone
Method #10: Get yourself an external GPS receiver
Method #11: Consult a technician

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@Rachelgomez123 Still violating a copyright with a copy paste rather than giving the source, which anyway is generic, does not correspond to the situation or to the software and no more to the device.
You are tiring and polluting

pietje
Star III
I would also like some feedback whether i should RMA my device or wait for an update. I want to give my old pixel 5 to my brother. But right now i keep it since im unsure if i need to start the RMA. So feedback would be appreciated!