evildante63
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 6
Firmware Version: Android 12
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always after update update 32.2810.2208.163
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I wanted to record something and all of a sudden the camera start to behave abnormally with a lot of ticking sounds...
This happened after the update, I have uploaded a short screen capture of this behavior, hoping anyone can help or at least Asus would patch this problem...
youtu .be/VpL7vi9wQRs
Please help, the phone is less than a month old...
87 REPLIES 87

Warfree
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229492#Comment_229492

If your only issue is that you don't have play services thats super easy to solve, you can install play services manually or even better you can install microg, which is far better than play services. There is no phone like the huawei phones sadly they are by far the best camera phones on the market. The closest is probably the xiaomi 12 ultra.

View post
I use gspace and I try to install play service but without rooting it's not possible, I agree Huawei it's a ultra nice phone and the camera it's just awesome but after 2 years of use I get bored seen ads every time I open appgalery, gspace, internet nav or some app downloaded directly from gallery
I'm this moment I regret the change with this issues

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Warfree

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229494#Comment_229494

I use gspace and I try to install play service but without rooting it's not possible, I agree Huawei it's a ultra nice phone and the camera it's just awesome but after 2 years of use I get bored seen ads every time I open appgalery, gspace, internet nav or some app downloaded directly from gallery

I'm this moment I regret the change with this issues

View post
I might be wrong but arent there tons of guides how to delete the ads and install google play? Havent owned a huawei in a while now so idk if things have changed. Am a very happy Rog3 user.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Taskman

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229477#Comment_229477

They should be able to as it's a HW issue.

I and many have the phone without those issues at all. I know a handful of people that upgraded to ROG 6 (not in any way good for statistics) and none of them have the issues you describe. I hope the service centre can fix it is replace the device

View post
Chinese users, first served and most numerous do not seem to agree with you, and since there are quite a few firmware problems and language specific bugs, the users of the chat are much more numerous, in the other languages, it's often the other way around, users remain unknown until a serious problem arises. We can see that they use a lot more functionality, and therefore see a lot more bugs. it's the first who had burnt phones, who encountered the problem of the camera (grilled component), charging bugs, the USB Aerocooler which does not transmit HDMI or Audio, the continuous disconnection of the USB-C, BT and USB-C with Android auto, reboots several times a day linked to the loss of 5G it seems, high Ping in wifi (+70-90%!!), fingerprint or FIXED finger go too fast!!!, the problem affecting the bass and the sound distortion and lately the low latency BT which must be manually reconfigured with the correct codec because the standard codec defaults to the launch of the 'application. I'll spare you the problems specific to Chinese applications.

Saying it's a good device is your right, but for now I see you like this 😵
crw-9167.jpg

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229482#Comment_229482

Chinese users, first served and most numerous do not seem to agree with you, and since there are quite a few firmware problems and language specific bugs, the users of the chat are much more numerous, in the other languages, it's often the other way around, users remain unknown until a serious problem arises. We can see that they use a lot more functionality, and therefore see a lot more bugs. it's the first who had burnt phones, who encountered the problem of the camera (grilled component), charging bugs, the USB Aerocooler which does not transmit HDMI or Audio, the continuous disconnection of the USB-C, BT and USB-C with Android auto, reboots several times a day linked to the loss of 5G it seems, high Ping in wifi (+70-90%!!), fingerprint or FIXED finger go too fast!!!, the problem affecting the bass and the sound distortion and lately the low latency BT which must be manually reconfigured with the correct codec because the standard codec defaults to the launch of the 'application. I'll spare you the problems specific to Chinese applications.

Saying it's a good device is your right, but for now I see you like this 😵

crw-9167.jpg

View post
This has to be the single greatest post in the entire zentalk Rog6 subforum.

petergroft
Star I
Reboot your phone/pad and launch the camera again. (Check if both front & rear cameras are working)
Clear the camera data and cache : Go to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> SEE ALL xxx APPS -> Camera -> Storage & Cache -> execute CLEAR STORAGE and CLEAR CACHE. (Example: Android 11). Please backup your photo & video files in the storage before you execute CLEAR STORAGE.
Update the Camera app from Google Play: Then start the Camera ( front & rear camera) again.
Update the firmware to the latest version :Go to Settings > System > System update > Check Update.
Access to Safe Mode: By long pressing the power key > Tap and holding the Power Off option in the menu> Tap OK. If your phone works well in the Safe Mode but cannot work normally after you restart the device, such a situation might result from third-party applications. We suggest you back up all your data and perform the factory data reset.
Back up your data and Perform factory data reset. 
If the above steps can't solve your issue, please contact ASUS Product Support for further assistance.

Hope This Works,
Peter