This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gestures to wake up screen do not function if the screen wakes up when receiving notifications

illegalmushroom
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Firmware Version: WW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Always Reproductible
Model Name: ASUS_AI2202 8GB/128GB Sunset Red
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
If the option "New notifications - Wake screen when you receive notifications" found under Display Settings is enabled, I am unable to wake up the screen manually via any of the gesture options found under Advanced Settings -> Gestures
Potentially relevant information: Always-On Panel is set to enabled.
After receiving a notification, the screen wakes up then quickly goes back to displaying the Always-On Panel. This is expected behavior, as per the option to wake up the screen automatically when receiving a notification. However, I have both Touch Gestures for manually waking up the screen (Double tap as well as Swipe up) enabled, and the Touch Gesture for manually suspending the screen (Double tap) enabled as well.
With this configuration, after I receive a notification, my screen wakes up, goes back to suspend (in my case goes back to displaying the Always-On Panel) but afterwards the Gestures for waking it up manually (by double tap or swipe up) no longer function until I unlock the phone or I press the power button to open the lock screen.
I have attached screenshots with all the options I have mentioned and their enabled/disabled state.
Let me know if there's something I can try to fix this issue.
Regards,
Cosmin Craciun (illegalmushroom)

9 REPLIES 9

Mansi_ASUS
Yes, I was able to recreate the issue. However, if you enable the Lift to check phone feature, it negates the other issues. Nevertheless, the screen should wake up with the use of gestures especially if the feature has specifically been enabled.

billytys
Star II
Hi there admin, I also always have the same issue, even with Google maps running, it doesn't double tap to wake.
(Quite troublesome as phone is in a holder when driving, it covers the side fingerprint sensor)
Same applies for any notifications (Whatsapp/SMS) screen doesn't allow double tap to wake.

Firmware Version: WW_32.2030.2030.26

illegalmushroom
Star III
bump as I'm wondering if this will be fixed soon

Mansi_ASUS
Hey all, the issue will be addressed in the next FW update.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.