This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 navigation buttons

Crimis
Rising Star I

I Just received my ZenFone 9 and I always set my Android navigation to "classic" mode. So the three buttons instead of the gestures.
The only problem is I often have to tap the home button 3-5 times now before it's activated. Do more users have this issue or could this be a hardware defect?

Edit: I already figured it out with help of some developer options, it looks like the touch screen is working just fine but the touch area for all 3 navigation buttons is way too small. I have made a screen recording to show the problem.

37 REPLIES 37

rgke001
Star I
+1 for this issue

cspius
Star II
Same here +1
I thought it's a software issue but now I can see the touch area is not all the way to the bottom. And the buttons could be bigger.
I use "old" Navigation bar because it's faster for me and does not need so much movement of the thumb.

Crimis
Rising Star I
Mansi_ASUS

Hey @sebiteen96!

Yes, the issue has been reported to the R&D team.

View post
Do you know if the fix is included in the next update?

pw7994
Star I
I also have problem with nav bar height. It is really hard to use it, please fix it..

kahlensi
Star II
Crimis

I Just received my ZenFone 9 and I always set my Android navigation to "classic" mode. So the three buttons instead of the gestures.

The only problem is I often have to tap the home button 3-5 times now before it's activated. Do more users have this issue or could this be a hardware defect?

Edit: I already figured it out with help of some developer options, it looks like the touch screen is working just fine but the touch area for all 3 navigation buttons is way too small. I have made a screen recording to show the problem.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/3HPF3NAZIXIB/2022-08-17-00-56-49.mp4

Zenfone 9 navigation buttons
where are the settings for the classic-mode? I can Not find it....
Thank you