Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZF9
Firmware Version: Latest German one
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Call Interface
========================================
When I am in a call and just hold the device to my skin, the phone gets back but is still being used like normal. I was wondering what was going on when having it vibrating all the time but the phone don't really lock itself. It just works like "normal" so you always have to lock the phone with its power button before putting it to your skin.
26 REPLIES 26

gmbhneo88
Star III
Mansi_ASUS

Hey @gmbhneo88,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

Here are a couple of things you can try to resolve the issue-

• Clean the area around the proximity sensor, there might be something that is hindering its functions.
  • If you have a screen protector make sure that it isn't covering the proximity sensor.

View post
Since the screen turns black, the proximity sensor seems to work just fine. And there is no screen protector applied. This is 100% a software bug.

Mansi_ASUS
gmbhneo88

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229032#Comment_229032

Since the screen turns black, the proximity sensor seems to work just fine. And there is no screen protector applied. This is 100% a software bug.

View post
That does sound like a bug. I'll forward it to the R&D team.

gmbhneo88
Star III
Mansi_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229142#Comment_229142

That does sound like a bug. I'll forward it to the R&D team.

View post
Great, thank you. Let me know when you need more information or logs.

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @gmbhneo88,
I heard back from the R&D team, they want to clarify some of the following details-
Does the screen turn off when you are close to the Proximity sensor during a call?
Do the buttons continue to function even when the screen supposedly goes black?
Do you move the phone away from your face during a call, since being away from the proximity sensor will awaken the screen?

gmbhneo88
Star III
Does the screen turn off when you are close to the Proximity sensor during a call?
yes
Do the buttons continue to function even when the screen supposedly goes black?
yes
Do you move the phone away from your face during a call, since being away from the proximity sensor will awaken the screen?
yes