This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sept 15th 2022 Android 12 Patch killed mobile data

ataylor
Star III
I'd finally gotten Android 12 to the point where it was nearly stable and livable, and then the security patch yesterday completely hosed mobile data. WiFi still works. I've tried most of the tricks - restarting, resetting the network , resetting the entire phone, no joy. Anyone else fighting this? Any suggestions?
59 REPLIES 59

smammy
Star III
My phone broke after installing the 31.1010.0411.122 update. In Settings → System → System update → Check details, it says:
1. Updated Android security patch to 2022-08-05
2. Fix the issue when full screen moving through page abnormal
I have not tried downgrading back to 31.1010.0411.113. If anyone has, I would be thrilled to know if that fixes the problem.

maelfactor
Star II
So, just to collate some data here, we are all on AT&T SIMs on Straight Talk? Or is anyone with regular AT&T/prepaid also having this problem?

ataylor
Star III
I'm on a a plain vanilla AT&T post paid contract, no Straight Talk. SIM is new this year.

smammy
Star III
@maelfactor I'm on Consumer Cellular, which is an AT&T MVNO.

ataylor
Star III
I called support today and asked if there was a downgrade patch from .122 to .113, and all they could send me was the downgrade to Android 11, so right now the only official way to roll back is to downgrade to Android 11, then upgrade to Android 12 and patch as needed to .113.
I can afford to wait a few days to see if something easier is published, but if anyone has already gone through that process it would be nice to know how well it worked.