CyanW
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: GA503RW
Frequency of occurrence: Every time
========================
Detailed description:
While the Eco Mode is supposed to keep the dGPU at extreme power saving mode, every time the laptop wakes up from hibernation in Eco mode, the dGPU would wake up and run at 210MHZ, causing significant battery drain. Switching to other GPU mode and then swiching back to Eco mode still does not turn off dGPU. Only restarting computer works.
6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS
CyanW
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: GA503RW
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Every time

========================

Detailed description:

While the Eco Mode is supposed to keep the dGPU at extreme power saving mode, every time the laptop wakes up from hibernation in Eco mode, the dGPU would wake up and run at 210MHZ, causing significant battery drain. Switching to other GPU mode and then swiching back to Eco mode still does not turn off dGPU. Only restarting computer works.

Zephyrus G15 (2022) discrete GPU activated in Eco mode after hibernation
@CyanW
Could you please provide me the current BIOS, system and armoury crate version?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalWhich version of Windows operating system am I running?In addition, could you provide the screenshots and log information for further confirmation?
[Gaming NB/DT] Armoury Crate Introduction (Ver5.0) | Official Support | ASUS GlobalQ5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)
A5: In Armoury Crate "Settings"① and check "About"② page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log"③, the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once user agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log and user can click "Generate log data"③ to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file). After log saved, user can provide it to the repair center or technical supporter for further Armoury Crate problem diagnostics.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

** I have sent you a message, you can upload the log files to the cloud storage, and provide the link to me through the message.

CyanW
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS Here's the info:
BIOS: 309
System: Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Build 22000.978
Armoury crate version: 5.3.2.0
Note: I had the same issue with previous version of BIOS as well as Armoury crate
I've sent you the log file via message.

Falcon_ASUS
CyanW

• BIOS: 309
  • System: Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Build 22000.978
  • Armoury crate version: 5.3.2.0
  • Note: I had the same issue with previous version of BIOS as well as Armoury crate

View post
@CyanW
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Falcon_ASUS
CyanW

• BIOS: 309
  • System: Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Build 22000.978
  • Armoury crate version: 5.3.2.0
  • Note: I had the same issue with previous version of BIOS as well as Armoury crate

View post
@CyanW
After confirmation by our tech team, this will be fixed by the BIOS update.
In the short term, it is recommended that you use a adapter, or change the GPU mode to standard.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused