cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6D - General Discussion Thread

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Hi all,
We are only a couple of days (!) away from the ROG phone 6D launch event. General discussion threads will be removed moving forward and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to discuss the ROG Phone 6D with other Zentalk users.
Post-launch, please refrain from using this thread to highlight technical issues, bugs or sales-related topics, as this thread exists for general discussion purposes only. If you want to highlight an issue, please create a separate thread and an ASUS moderator staff will assist you further.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break ASUS's community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please let a moderator on the ASUS staff know.
GL HF! ❤️
ROG Phone 6D Event | ROG
35 REPLIES 35

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Phone arena have released a review as has "Tech Spurt" on YouTube. Phone arena were quite useless with their review, not very informative. Tech spurt however pointed out that the battery life is SIGNIFICANTLY better on the 6D. He said he got 3 hours of genshin impact on max settings on the 6 pro but on the 6d pro he got over 5 hours with max settings which is pretty darn great

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Dual Sim standby, a glimmer of hope to find this functionality destroyed by the market for 8 years has just disappeared. Well, it's +100% battery usage and it's not a flashgrip, however, no indication of the SIM, 4G + 2/3G (totally useless now) or 4G + 4G

ROG 6D and ROG 6D Ultimate are different enough to have 2 distinct sections, the 6D (and the Batman) does not have AeroActive portal, the 6D does not have an aero cooler 6 not to mention the price of course, 480€ extra for the 'umate!!!!

In short, the problems, particularly FPS, heating, battery, hatch that does not open ....... will be completely different and from experience, each message will be without essential indication, good evening the brothel.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

Dual Sim standby, a glimmer of hope to find this functionality destroyed by the market for 8 years has just disappeared. Well, it's +100% battery usage and it's not a flashgrip, however, no indication of the SIM, 4G + 2/3G (totally useless now) or 4G + 4G

ROG 6D and ROG 6D Ultimate are different enough to have 2 distinct sections, the 6D (and the Batman) does not have AeroActive portal, the 6D does not have an aero cooler 6 not to mention the price of course, 480€ extra for the 'umate!!!!

In short, the problems, particularly FPS, heating, battery, hatch that does not open ....... will be completely different and from experience, each message will be without essential indication, good evening the brothel.

View post
I agree on the last part. Because the 6D ultimate has the latch with a proper heatsink, it's passive and active cooling capabilities are far better than the regular models. I don't know why people have to pay extra 480bucks to get proper cooling and not an oven, it's bs.

@waxy78611 yeah, so far the dimensity looks so good on paper, but we have to yet see if there is reliability issues with it.

Andrien
Star III
FunBike31

View post
I do hope it is possible to be unlocked over software update cause the modem is build in on the SoC and so far it is only 1 chip design but if the antenna is left disconnected then all hope is lost 😫.

Andrien
Star III
Update a bit, the modem side is a bit weird
Mediatek M80
Up to 7.91 Gbps downlink and 3.76 Gbps uplink
Mediatek M70
Peak rate of 4.77 Gbps downlink and up to 2.5 Gbps uplink
While 6D
FR1: DL 5.67 Gbps (3DL+2FR1), UL 836 Mbps

So which modem did Rog 6D use 🤨
Probably not M80 as it support mmWave but 6D doesn't.