This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[XG Mobile] Apps run on discrete/external GPU even when pinned to integrated GPU

XperiAndri
Star II
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 [Version 10.0.22000.856]
Battery or AC: AC
Model: GV301QC.412
Frequency of occurrence: Each time I detach or attach XG Mobile
Reset OS: I've done a clean drivers and Armoury Crate install as per https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61752/armory-crate-service-hangs
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
10 REPLIES 10

XperiAndri
Star II
@Falcon_ASUS any updates?

Falcon_ASUS
XperiAndri

@falansu you can guess enabling logical thinking even without knowing Ukrainian.

1. Control panel
  2. System>Display>Graphics
  3. In the list, apps can be pinned to Integrated GPU or Discrete GPU
  4. I pin apps to integrated GPU, they run on Discrete instead.
  5. Armory Crate detects those apps when I detach XG Mobile

View post
@XperiAndri
I have sent you a message, please refer to the following FAQ and provide me with log information for further confirmation.
[Gaming NB/DT] Armoury Crate Introduction (Ver5.0) | Official Support | ASUS GlobalQ5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)
A5: In Armoury Crate "Settings"① and check "About"② page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log"③, the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once user agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log and user can click "Generate log data"③ to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file). After log saved, user can provide it to the repair center or technical supporter for further Armoury Crate problem diagnostics.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

** You can upload the log files to the cloud storage, and provide the link to me through the message.

XperiAndri
Star II
I connected XG Mobile with several apps running.
Then (after it was enabled) I immediately disabled XG Mobile.
Visual Studio, DeepL, and Grammarly Desktop appeared in a dialog of apps using external GPU. It is impossible! It is an incorrect algorithm in Armoury Crate. Those apps cannot start using external GPU right after it is enabled.
DeepL and Grammarly Desktop were closed when I accepted their closing, and XG Mobile was disabled. Fortunatelly at least Visual Studio was not.
This is weird and EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY annoying non-user-friendly, and not productive behavior!

Log_20221001.logE

Falcon_ASUS
XperiAndri

Visual Studio, DeepL, and Grammarly Desktop appeared in a dialog of apps using external GPU. It is impossible! It is an incorrect algorithm in Armoury Crate. Those apps cannot start using external GPU right after it is enabled.

DeepL and Grammarly Desktop were closed when I accepted their closing, and XG Mobile was disabled. Fortunatelly at least Visual Studio was not.

This is weird and EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY annoying non-user-friendly, and not productive behavior!

Log_20221001.logE

View post
@XperiAndri
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Falcon_ASUS
XperiAndri

Log_20221001.logE

View post
@XperiAndri
Tested by the technical unit and used with XG mobile, the phenomenon you have reflected cannot be replicated.
Please provide the problem video and steps which can clearly see the problem (when disconnecting XG mobile) to confirm if it is normal.
In addition, I have sent you a message, and please provide the serial number of XG mobile through the message.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

GV301QC(PR_SKU1-2)
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 [Version 10.0.22000.318] & [Version 10.0.22000.1098]
Battery or AC: AC
Model: GV301QC.412
Drivers:
Graphic_AMD:V30.0.14018.15002
Graphic_NVIDIA:V30.0.15.1278
ARMOURY CRATE V5.3.4.0