This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

mumei6102
Rising Star I
maciej_21

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/226523#Comment_226523

Mam tak samo - kiedy dzwonię do kogoś, słyszę rozmówcę z szumem w tle. Po odebraniu połączenia przez pierwsze 1-3 sekund nic nie słyszę w słuchawce, następnie mogę rozmawiać jednak z powyższym problemem. Dodatkowo jak ktoś do mnie dzwoni to dźwięk dzwonka jest przerywany w pierwszych 3 sekundach. Kolejno podczas wybierania połączenia, w momencie wybrania rozmowy przez głośnik, telefon sam zamienia rozmowę prowadzoną przez słuchawkę po podjęciu połączenia. Mam wersję oprogramowania 32.2030.2030.26 i nie naprawia ona powyższego błędu.

View post
I've got the same software version and the similar issue with the call speaker. A lot of noises on phone calls or VoIP calls especially when volume is reduced. The problem doesn't exist on headphones connected via jack.
It sounds like quantization noise of low bit depth signal - software issue.
Please fix!

Kazionator
Star III
Hi, I am on a WW-32.2030.2030.26 and today a similar problem arose for me.
I picked up the phone, switched to speaker and heard nothing. The caller could hear me. We hung up, he called back I heard him for a second before I switched to the speaker and on the speaker I heard nothing anymore. After a while I called myself from the other phone and there was no sound at all. Even before switching to the speaker. I also have a smartwatch connected via bt, switching to it did not produce sound either. I made sure the phone was not muted after I restarted it. The problem has disappeared so far. I have had the phone for a week and this is the first time the problem has occurred.

Rudy94
Star I
Hey Guys,
Same as the person above... Having the same issue, speaker function won't work if I do after the call started. If I do exactly before the call, then it will work, if I do after a sound happened the it won't work...

sforumt
Star II
Rudy94

Hey Guys,

Same as the person above... Having the same issue, speaker function won't work if I do after the call started. If I do exactly before the call, then it will work, if I do after a sound happened the it won't work...

View post
I have the same problem as everyone.
Once I start a call I cannot switch to speakerphone or vice versa.
Is too important this function.
I opened a ticket with asus, but they replied that they were unable to replicate the problem.
This is not acceptable!
Please update the firmware as soon as possible

LuciusLight
Star I
This is still a thing, hm?
This really is bothersome.

Is this issue being address by ASUS?
I love how this is a consumer self help group, but I don't think this will be solved outside ASUS themselves.

Can we get an answer from somebody official if this is being worked on?

It's quite an essential feature in every phone It especially shouldn't be a problem in model of this price range!

Please, at least talk to your customers!