Star I
System: Windows 11
Model: ROG GA401QC
Frequency of occurrence: All the time while plugged in
Reset OS: Tried to reset to factory settings, but problem persists
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
When my ROG GA401QC laptop is plugged in, three quarters of the screen is black with only one quarter visible.
The black screen issue persists when in BIOS and when starting up prior to the windows login screen regardless of if the laptop is plugged in or not.
The screen is fully visible when the laptop is on battery power.
When I plug in an HDMI cable, the screen is successfully projected onto another monitor without the black portion (fully visible).
img-20220917-1010231-5b1-5d.jpg
img-20220917-1010347-5b1-5d.jpg

Solutions tried:
I tried updating all drivers and downloading/installing all windows updates
I tried resetting windows to factory settings

I think it may be a hardware issue and I'll have to send the laptop to ASUS for repair. Just wanted to get some community feedback.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
abrinias
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Model: ROG GA401QC
  3. Frequency of occurrence: All the time while plugged in
  4. Reset OS: Tried to reset to factory settings, but problem persists
  5. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

When my ROG GA401QC laptop is plugged in, three quarters of the screen is black with only one quarter visible.

The black screen issue persists when in BIOS and when starting up prior to the windows login screen regardless of if the laptop is plugged in or not.

The screen is fully visible when the laptop is on battery power.

When I plug in an HDMI cable, the screen is successfully projected onto another monitor without the black portion (fully visible).

img-20220917-1010231-5b1-5d.jpg

img-20220917-1010347-5b1-5d.jpg

Solutions tried:

I tried updating all drivers and downloading/installing all windows updates

I tried resetting windows to factory settings

I think it may be a hardware issue and I'll have to send the laptop to ASUS for repair. Just wanted to get some community feedback.

Half screen is black when plugged in
@abrinias
If the same situation occurs when entering the BIOS, it may be caused by an error in the VGA card or the motherboard. I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

willjoe2442
Star III
It can be one of several things. A defective screen, a broken or partially disconnected cable to the screen or a bad video driver circuit - in that order. You can try to replace the screen yourself. That's a risky task but if you follow instructions with the proper tools it can be done.

Regards,
Will

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.