cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 recording issue with Asus tuf cu4k30 capture card

ehunt22
Star III
Hi,
When I connect my Rog 3 to my laptop using the Asus tuf cu4k30, i get a message on the phone screen that refresh rate is restricted to 60 hz
Based on some research and asking around, it seems this is because the Rog 3 is limited to RGB colorspace
If it can run in YUV colorspace, we would be able to get higher refresh rates while recording
Request moderators to please check with dev team to check for a solution to enable this
@Mattias_ASUS please help with this
45 REPLIES 45

HexHyte
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/228055#Comment_228055

Weird, you just told us that when you record at 120hz it lags, but your yt vids are lag free.

then I watched your latest vod on youtube, it didnt seem fluid as it should be and had serious bitrate inconsistencies. Later in your vod you showed that you were running at 120hz however you were casting your phone which exlpains everything, the fluctuating and low FPS of the original recording and the inconsistent bitrate due to streaming via cast, you didnt use a capture card.

I'm currently raising an eyebrow.

View post
For some reason a reply i did before the message you quoted is missing, i think is being reviewed by Mods.
Apart from that, you are seeing things lol
All my live streams has been recorded using the Elgato capture card, what you even mean by "inconsistent bitrate due to streaming via cast, you didnt use a capture card." You are tripping so much man.
Get some rest, have a nice sleep, i think you need it

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
HexHyte

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227988#Comment_227988

I think i've been clear enough, if you cannot understand simple sentences it is not a problem of mine.

What i find kinda funny is that you basically didn't realize that you explained what happen when trying to debunking me: "All the "internal EDID" does is tell the phone what mode the capture card supports, that's all. This is mostly useful for setups that have no output conencted to them"

Exactly, the phone won't enable 120hz if the capture card/monitor connected to don't support it. So yeah changing the EDID to a one compatible with 1080p 120hz guess what, will enable 1080p 120hz transmission. Magic!

Good luck

View post
Thats not how it works and you know it because you can't stream at 120hz, once I'm back home I'll expose you again and show how 120hz passthrough actually looks like, itll be a fun debunk video.
The capture card that ehunt uses tells the phone it supports 1080p240hz, still stuck at 60hz because it prioritizes certain modes over others.

zxops47
Rising Star I
Have you tried on good brand usb hub with hdmi 2.0 ? What usb hub you where using

zxops47
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/228053#Comment_228053

Thats not how it works and you know it because you can't stream at 120hz, once I'm back home I'll expose you again and show how 120hz passthrough actually looks like, itll be a fun debunk video.

The capture card that ehunt uses tells the phone it supports 1080p240hz, still stuck at 60hz because it prioritizes certain modes over others.

View post
He sent me his yt video playing codm on 120hz with capture card for him its working

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
zxops47

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/228268#Comment_228268

He sent me his yt video playing codm on 120hz with capture card for him its working

View post
He probably casts his phone to a PC and streams from there, thats why the quality of his stream is bad and its not fluid. You can also the the crunching bitrate and fluctuating framerate on his videos where he streams.

This is what he did in a nutshell. I assume he didnt use the built in casting as on A10 it was horrid, he probably used something else to cast.

This is a proper capture card gameplay video from my phone. Its a high motion game, the image is very clear, the motion is consistent and fluid.