jb14
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9 16GB 256GB
Firmware Version: Build number WW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have just received my Zenfone 9 yesterday but cannot connect to mobile internet in any form at present. I receive phone calls and texts without issues and WiFi is fine. I can't understand where i'm going wrong - thought it was an APN issue but the phone seems to think it is connected, despite no mobile internet showing connected. The local service seems fine as I put the sim back in the old phone and no issues with the moblie connection there.
I've attached some screen shots below. Before I call Virgin and experience their 'excellent' CS, can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? Is this likely to just be a phone fault that needs to go back? I tried texting the number 789922 ALL for virgin to run through the APN but it didn't respond.
Many thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
It sounds like you still need to set up the APN. Try this.
From SIM 1 select Access Point Names at the bottom of the list.
If there isn't one, create a new one and call it Virgin Internet.
APN = goto.virginmobile
MMSC = 193.30.166.2
MMS Port = 8080
MCC = 234
MNC = 38
Authentication type = PAP
APN type = default,supl
APN prototcol = IPv4
APN roaming protocol = IPv4
If there is already an APN, make sure it's selected and has these details.

jb14
Star I
Ah thank you Stealth Requiem, I was just returning to say I have fixed it myself using the above data (finally realised I could just copy the figures from the old phone's APN entry).
All fixed now. Many thanks again.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.