asusrg87
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW-32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
The brightness is way too high in the dark with auto brightness on.
I think the sensor isn't working as it should.
11 REPLIES 11

Mattias_ASUS
Hello everyone!
I am sending the issue to R&D as I was able to recreate this.

Mattias_ASUS
I got a reply from R&D and I would appreciate if you could follow these steps and tell me if this solves the issue.
1. Launch the calculator application and enter .12345+= to activate the SMMI test. Select Single Test > Light Sensor Test. To check if the Light sensor is normal。
2. Into Settings > Apps&notifications >See all apps>Click the menu in the upper right corner >Show system, And click the search icon in the upper right corner >search "Device Health Services" >Tap and enter App info page>Storage&cache>Mange space>Click "Reset adaptive brightness">OK.
This should clear out the cache memory of the Adaptive Brightness, if this is still an issue after doing this please tag me so I can go forward with the investigation.

maxibalogh
Star II
Mattias_ASUS

I got a reply from R&D and I would appreciate if you could follow these steps and tell me if this solves the issue.

1. Launch the calculator application and enter .12345+= to activate the SMMI test. Select Single Test > Light Sensor Test. To check if the Light sensor is normal。

2. Into Settings > Apps&notifications >See all apps>Click the menu in the upper right corner >Show system, And click the search icon in the upper right corner >search "Device Health Services" >Tap and enter App info page>Storage&cache>Mange space>Click "Reset adaptive brightness">OK.

This should clear out the cache memory of the Adaptive Brightness, if this is still an issue after doing this please tag me so I can go forward with the investigation.

View post
HI Mattias,
I have done a reboot as well at the end of the steps, it does not solve the issue. The auto brightness is still at the same level as in post number 3 in a fully blacked out room. In my opinion it should be zero

edstrom
Star II
My phone also behaves exactly like this.

mickey10021
Rising Star II
Same issue for me as well and it seems to stuck at 25% with complete darkness in the room