Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Hey Asus 
I bought Rog 5 on 22-05-2021 from Flipkart and I got phone on 24-05-2021
After 14 months of using the phone 
09-09-2022 Phone shutdown automatically and after that it is not turning on, i reached ASUS call center to get authorized service center details in Chennai , after got the service center details, I went to F1 INFOSOLUTIONS & SERVICES PVT LTD service center and paid 250 for diagnosis the root cause, after diagnosis they said motherboard is dead and sent me the quotation of 57381.76 Rs(Phone price 49999 Rs) and after 1hr time again service center person send quotation for 17k for display(wrong diagnosis) few min after they said to ignore display quotation , on checking Asus forum many people reporting the motherboard issue and saying it is an manufacturing fault. I want Asus to replace my motherboard free of cost.. they saying Rog is an premium phone but it is not survive for 1 year

9 REPLIES 9

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, balaji S.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
I have sent you a private message for more detail information, please check.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@balaji S
Danishblunt

notagain.jpg

For the Rog2 people this is going to be a dejavu.

And the power IC Saga continues on the Rog5!
should have listened to me, but no.

balaji_S
Star I
@Danishblunt Actually am new to here and haven't checked the post.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
balaji S

@Danishblunt Actually am new to here and haven't checked the post.

View post
ohwell, sad really because I made a scene and informed everyone on release that this would happen, however the community was busy thinking they somehow know better and tell me I am a hater instead of actually listening. What does the software developer who repairs hardware in his freetime know, normal peasant users who don't even know what a kernel is obviously know better.
Instead they recommended the phone to others. Unfortunately the same is happening on the Rog6, this time however there seems to be a ton less users buying into those which gives me a slither of hope that a good chunk actually did learn from the Rog5. What also makes me happy is that ASUS seems to have finally learned, because the Rog6D looks very promising, especially the ultimate model with a very interesting cooling design.
Honestly, I'm sad for users like you who just didnt know, I feel happy when the users who have been warned get rolled tho.