Device trotles at 40c at v163 Please return Thermal config from V134

yosef019
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog6 C
Firmware Version: 163
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): 3Dmark extreme stress test
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
@Danishblunt do you see that asus again ?
image.png
with fan cooler

image.png
with thermal config from version of software 134

image.png
and some times its fryes the battery on 163 firmware and almoust not trotle without fan
plz return the V 134 Thermal config to the next firmware update of rog 6
18 REPLIES 18

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
yosef019

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227863#Comment_227863

was okish at V134...

View post
yeah so? They pulled the same crap on the Rog5. Forget them changing the thermal config, they did this to stop the phones from dying, and they will honestly still die. Just wait until it shuts down and you can't turn it on again.
Then ask yourself why the fk u didnt listen and went ahead and purchased that turd of a phone because the logicboard repair will cost 70% of what you paid for the phone.
I give you guys enough warnings, I literally tell you whats going to happen but if you keep ignoring me, then at least have the decency to stop complaining and acting surprised, you have all been warned and informed yet you refused to listen.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@FunBike31 ASUS at it again, guess the dying Rog6 phones from china make them nervous. Lets see how far they will throttle the "gaming" phone.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I said last week that the R&D department wanted the death of ASUS with the .160 firmware, it was not in derision, the .163 fixes a problem on xx (so many) and above all BLOCKING without a workaround that it's incomprehensible. it is exactly as if an employee sabotages the work and there is no control after him.
A bug fixed?
Fixed issue with AeroActive Cooler 6 button presses occasionally not being recognized
New, temperature limit lowered, same as rog 5
Low wifi (-50-60%), Ping +80-90% compared with same and lower range devices (same users/network) with multiple phones
Random reboot several times a day - at least one of the cases identified, moving when the mobile signal changes
Loss of Mobile configuration (APN) .160 & .163, the bug with .160 impacted Orange France, the .163 also impacts other parts of the world!!!!
Aero cooler 6, disconnection/reconnection, temp display!!! 111°!!!! fortunately, AeroCooler software update notification while gaming, configured mode does not match, variable fan for no reason.
USB adapter, frequent disconnection, Kunai 3 same USB problem
I pass of course, just blocking bugs

excavation5
Rising Star II
yosef019

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog6 C
  2. Firmware Version: 163
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): 3Dmark extreme stress test

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

@Danishblunt do you see that asus again ?

image.png

with fan cooler

image.png

with thermal config from version of software 134

image.png

and some times its fryes the battery on 163 firmware and almoust not trotle without fan

plz return the V 134 Thermal config to the next firmware update of rog 6

Device trotles at 40c at v163 Please return Thermal config from V134
So today 3dMark get a update and i make few test in the updated wild life extreme stress test
This test are made in norma outside temperature whitout any cooler whit the newest firmware .163
And in the end i can say the stability has drop whit 4.8% ..... In firmware .160 i have few test and there i get 89% stability

Read everything between the photo's

Test 1 whit firmware .163
screenshot-20220914-181711-3dmark.jpg

Test 2 whit firmware .163
screenshot-20220914-181651-3dmark.jpg

Test 3 whit firmware .160 and older version on the 3dMark . Most important thing gere is stability in %
screenshot-20220914-181836-3dmark.jpg

So in the end maybe the thermall limit is not smaller but the performance are not better and more stable
I also make a antutu benchmarwhit software 1.63 and i dont see big difference there and maybe this is becouse the phone cant get so hot
screenshot-20220914-182237-antutu-benchmark.jpg

Also for your post i am not so sure why you have so bad results in home i have aero active cooler 6 and i have black shark fun cooler version 1 i can make 2 more test whit them and upload the results here but this will be tomorrow

yosef019
Rising Star II
excavation5

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63924/device-trotles-at-40c-at-v163-please-return-thermal-con...

So today 3dMark get a update and i make few test in the updated wild life extreme stress test

This test are made in norma outside temperature whitout any cooler whit the newest firmware .163

And in the end i can say the stability has drop whit 4.8% ..... In firmware .160 i have few test and there i get 89% stability

Read everything between the photo's

Test 1 whit firmware .163

screenshot-20220914-181711-3dmark.jpg

Test 2 whit firmware .163

screenshot-20220914-181651-3dmark.jpg

Test 3 whit firmware .160 and older version on the 3dMark . Most important thing gere is stability in %

screenshot-20220914-181836-3dmark.jpg

So in the end maybe the thermall limit is not smaller but the performance are not better and more stable

I also make a antutu benchmarwhit software 1.63 and i dont see big difference there and maybe this is becouse the phone cant get so hot

screenshot-20220914-182237-antutu-benchmark.jpg

Also for your post i am not so sure why you have so bad results in home i have aero active cooler 6 and i have black shark fun cooler version 1 i can make 2 more test whit them and upload the results here but this will be tomorrow

View post
with 134 there was 99% stability we are in rog 6 group tested the 134 config on 163 firmware and its got back the the 99% stability in 3dwild life extreme
but need root phone that i wont do until the warenty gone