This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having weird camera issues/crashes... any fix?

DZHEX
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: AI2201_C
Firmware Version:32.2810.2208.163
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: recently/always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I just tried taking some pictures and the camera view started getting inverted and in a blue tone.
img-20220915-204410.jpg
img-20220915-204403.jpg
The phone was not moved between the pictures and the picture was not edited. This was happening with both, the default camera app and OpenCamera (why can we not use gamegenie to assign airtriggers to default camera actions, again?). Eventually the camera hanged and the phone rebooted. What's going on?
I updated the software recently, not sure if I used the camera until now after updating.
Edit: Forgot to mention that this happened first time after launching OpenCamera via squeeze gesture while the phone was locked, and it behaved... weirdly, not sure how it happened (I jumped up from a sofa to take the picture and got "flashbanged", so I'm not 100% sure what exactly happened and how 😅). I was unable to zoom out for some reason.
Edit: I am hearing some sort of clicking while the camera is active. I made sure that it isn't the horizon signal.
59 REPLIES 59

DZHEX
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/228176#Comment_228176

Keep an eye on it. If it clicks again stop using the camera, altho i feel that next time it will probably be dead instead.

The click is something a devices over current / over voltage circut would trigger. Basicially you dodged a bullet since your phone tried to nuke itself. We already had reports of dying rog6 phones in the chinese market and since the rog6 is a copy and paste of the rog5 in many ways its safe to assume its going to suffer from the same fate. So yeah this might be valuable information to determine what keeps nuking the rog 5/5s and rog6 phones.

@FunBike31 tagging you here since you might want to see this. Phone trying to nuke camera lens.

View post
Alright... I guess I should keep another phone on standby then... Thankfully in the recent rotation of phones one showed up.
I'm not sure how much more info can I give, as it only happened for a few minutes and I was interested in making it stop...
It did seem to be more severe/crashy right after boot, and more resilient after some time had passed after boot. However, I think there might have been an instance where the phone insta-crashed right after launching the camera app, after a few minutes had passed after boot.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
DZHEX

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/228179#Comment_228179

Alright... I guess I should keep another phone on standby then... Thankfully in the recent rotation of phones one showed up.

I'm not sure how much more info can I give, as it only happened for a few minutes and I was interested in making it stop...

It did seem to be more severe/crashy right after boot, and more resilient after some time had passed after boot. However, I think there might have been an instance where the phone insta-crashed right after launching the camera app, after a few minutes had passed after boot.

View post
I mean if you want an idea of what to expect, the rog5 subforum is a great place to start. Having another phone on standby is an excellent idea.

excavation5
Rising Star II
DZHEX

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: AI2201_C
  2. Firmware Version:32.2810.2208.163
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: recently/always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I just tried taking some pictures and the camera view started getting inverted and in a blue tone.

img-20220915-204410.jpg

img-20220915-204403.jpg

The phone was not moved between the pictures and the picture was not edited. This was happening with both, the default camera app and OpenCamera (why can we not use gamegenie to assign airtriggers to default camera actions, again?). Eventually the camera hanged and the phone rebooted. What's going on?

I updated the software recently, not sure if I used the camera until now after updating.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this happened first time after launching OpenCamera via squeeze gesture while the phone was locked, and it behaved... weirdly, not sure how it happened (I jumped up from a sofa to take the picture and got "flashbanged", so I'm not 100% sure what exactly happened and how 😅). I was unable to zoom out for some reason.

Edit: I am hearing some sort of clicking while the camera is active. I made sure that it isn't the horizon signal.

Having weird camera issues/crashes... any fix?
Try to delete data in camera app
screenshot-20220916-002714-settings.jpg

DZHEX
Star III
excavation5

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63972/having-weird-camera-issues-crashes-any-fix

Try to delete data in camera app

screenshot-20220916-002714-settings.jpg

View post
The problem seems to have went away after trying different cameras. Also, the issue was happening with OpenCamera as well.
Is there any other reason to do that now?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
DZHEX

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/228183#Comment_228183

The problem seems to have went away after trying different cameras. Also, the issue was happening with OpenCamera as well.

Is there any other reason to do that now?

View post
None. As i mentioned before it was ur phone attemting to nuke your camera module for some reason.