cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 recording issue with Asus tuf cu4k30 capture card

ehunt22
Star III
Hi,
When I connect my Rog 3 to my laptop using the Asus tuf cu4k30, i get a message on the phone screen that refresh rate is restricted to 60 hz
Based on some research and asking around, it seems this is because the Rog 3 is limited to RGB colorspace
If it can run in YUV colorspace, we would be able to get higher refresh rates while recording
Request moderators to please check with dev team to check for a solution to enable this
@Mattias_ASUS please help with this
45 REPLIES 45

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Also still awaiting your video.

HexHyte
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227936#Comment_227936

All the "internal EDID" does is tell the phone what mode the capture card supports, that's all. This is mostly useful for setups that have no output conencted to them and has literally 0 effect on the phone as they still simply mirror the screen and don't care in the slightest what modes your capture card supports.

Everything else you wrote is pure made up nonsense. Guess nothing changes with you.

source: help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360060072892-4K-Capture-Utility-EDID-Configuration

View post
I think i've been clear enough, if you cannot understand simple sentences it is not a problem of mine.
What i find kinda funny is that you basically didn't realize that you explained what happen when trying to debunking me: "All the "internal EDID" does is tell the phone what mode the capture card supports, that's all. This is mostly useful for setups that have no output conencted to them"
Exactly, the phone won't enable 120hz if the capture card/monitor connected to don't support it. So yeah changing the EDID to a one compatible with 1080p 120hz guess what, will enable 1080p 120hz transmission. Magic!
Good luck

HexHyte
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

Also still awaiting your video.

View post
I think you will wait for a long time, or you can just go on my youtube channel with a lot of video recorded from Rog Phone device running at 120hz

HexHyte
Rising Star I
ehunt22

With the Asus tuf cu4k30 I can't change the screen recording options. I have tried it with OBS and it is set to the default that the phone outputs which is limited to 60 Hz on the phone as its shows in the pop up message on the phones screen

View post
On my case the popup message says that the refresh rate is set to 120hz. I think it really depends on the capture card (and the TypeC-HDMI cable i guess, make sure to have a good cable), the phone won't enable 120hz transmission if it doesn't detect a supported environment.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
HexHyte

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227989#Comment_227989

I think you will wait for a long time, or you can just go on my youtube channel with a lot of video recorded from Rog Phone device running at 120hz

View post
Weird, you just told us that when you record at 120hz it lags, but your yt vids are lag free.
then I watched your latest vod on youtube, it didnt seem fluid as it should be and had serious bitrate inconsistencies. Later in your vod you showed that you were running at 120hz however you were casting your phone which exlpains everything, the fluctuating and low FPS of the original recording and the inconsistent bitrate due to streaming via cast, you didnt use a capture card.
I'm currently raising an eyebrow.