This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like the Rog series is about to die

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Sony is holding a gaming-related Xperia launch event on September 12Considering ASUS probably won't be able to step up their game drasticly this could kill of the ROG lineup for good. Sony knows their playerbase best and have created legendary phones such as the xperia play.
Guess this contender is going to be the final nail in the coffin as ASUS struggles to keep up with nubia in the asian market and now will lose its global buyers to sony.

46 REPLIES 46

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aryan202

I kinda doubt that it's dethroning anyone, looks more for a very niche market. The Xperias hardly sell anywhere this will likely be the same.

View post
The Rog series has been completely rolled in the biggest market. The Asian market simply prefer the RM7 due to its superior performance and lower price tag. The only market ASUS really had is the rest of the world that has a hard time to source a RM7, however due to constant issues with VoLTE support, reliability problems and so on, the sony has become a really good alternative and is superior to the rest of the market. The sales are going to dwindle to a point where ASUS simlpy has so abandon the Rog Phone series and keep continuing with Zenfone as their only phone, similair as what happened with the flip series. This is already indicated by the downgrades, piss poor design (copy paste from Rog5) , terrible software support and constant hardware failures. I find it unlikely that ASUS can keep going especially since they are having extreme competition.

TX11559
Rising Star I

DarkShield
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227656#Comment_227656

The Rog series has been completely rolled in the biggest market. The Asian market simply prefer the RM7 due to its superior performance and lower price tag. The only market ASUS really had is the rest of the world that has a hard time to source a RM7, however due to constant issues with VoLTE support, reliability problems and so on, the sony has become a really good alternative and is superior to the rest of the market. The sales are going to dwindle to a point where ASUS simlpy has so abandon the Rog Phone series and keep continuing with Zenfone as their only phone, similair as what happened with the flip series. This is already indicated by the downgrades, piss poor design (copy paste from Rog5) , terrible software support and constant hardware failures. I find it unlikely that ASUS can keep going especially since they are having extreme competition.

View post
If you can't understand the delay between a bluetooth headset and a 3.5 headset, you are not a gamer for me.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
DarkShield

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227672#Comment_227672

If you can't understand the delay between a bluetooth headset and a 3.5 headset, you are not a gamer for me.

View post
I cant help but feel that you took the wrong quote snce I never mentioned anything about bt vs 3.5 jack.
Also, bluetooth and 3.5mm headphoe jack are not that far apart, it does require a LL codec tho. If you try a bluetooth headset that supports LL youll find out really quickly that it is very close to instant, which is adequate for any non competitive game such as RPG's and whatnot, so in this case your statement is ignorant.

DarkShield
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227817#Comment_227817

I cant help but feel that you took the wrong quote snce I never mentioned anything about bt vs 3.5 jack.

Also, bluetooth and 3.5mm headphoe jack are not that far apart, it does require a LL codec tho. If you try a bluetooth headset that supports LL youll find out really quickly that it is very close to instant, which is adequate for any non competitive game such as RPG's and whatnot, so in this case your statement is ignorant.

View post
you're too vain, why would a non-competitive person buy this device?