Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
4 REPLIES 4

joseph22377
Star I
After 11months of owning my new Asus Zenbook it suddenly is asking for a Bitlocker recovery key.
I am being told that there is nothing anyone can do for me..
I've went to BestBuy were I Baight the laptop from.
They referred me to Microsoft who then referred me to Asus who then refer me to Microsoft.
Everyone is putting the fix on the some one else.
Is anyone having this same issue?

FongPoui
Rising Star II
Bitlocker is a protecting system for your data. I found this experience while using a lenovo labtop. So when I encountered a problem like yours I already know where to go!
In normal situation, you can find your bitlocker key by CMD. I don't use this method because I have to decrypt the ID code again. Bitlocker is strickly numerical only.
But for a situation like yours, I guess that you are suspended to recover your asus because windows installation ask you for Bitlock recovery key. In this situation you have to go to login page of your microsoft account (see the second link below).
As I recently replaced a Samsung 1TB M.2 NVME by a 2TB, when I use that 1TB as external drive, I was asked for Bitlocker too. I copied the bitlocker recovery key that refers to the ID code given by the recovery software.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key-in-windows-6b71ad27-...
ASUS was right to refer to Microsoft because Bitlocker is a protecting system related to your microsoft account. Be careful, your microsoft account doesn't mean that you must login with your microsoft email. I use my gmail to create my microsoft account. It works well.

Falcon_ASUS
joseph22377

After 11months of owning my new Asus Zenbook it suddenly is asking for a Bitlocker recovery key.

I am being told that there is nothing anyone can do for me..

I've went to BestBuy were I Baight the laptop from.

They referred me to Microsoft who then referred me to Asus who then refer me to Microsoft.

Everyone is putting the fix on the some one else.

Is anyone having this same issue?

View post
@joseph22377
The following is the related FAQ of Bitlocker.
[Windows 11/10] Device encryption & Standard BitLocker encryption | Official Support | ASUS Global[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix it shows BitLocker recovery screen after power o...I suggest you can confirm whether the situation you are encountering can be ruled out through the FAQ.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.