This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi stopped working, how to resolve this?

HeLLbOy
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone suddenly rebooted on its own today and since then, the WiFi doesn't work. When I toggle it On, it says turning on, but doesn't do it. If you go back to previous screen and return to the Internet settings screen, it shows WiFi as toggled off. I have tried rebooting the phone, did network reset and did a factory reset. But to no avail, the issue still persists. I can see multiple posted asking to visit the service center, but none have shared whether service center resolved the issue or not, what was the issue identified and did it involve any major part change? Need help with resolving this on my own as I do not have a service center near my place anymore.
8 REPLIES 8

HeLLbOy
Star II
I have raised a ticket with Asus and am awaiting their response, will update everyone here once I get their response

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
TX11559

You are taking a Quote from half of my full command, yes Asus has done great job, fact is that people are still buying and getting their phones. and I was replaying to someone who said that their brand is about to die which is not.

Is Asus perfect? no, they have much to improve, but there are always issues, even Samsung and iPhone got issues,

View post
Oh, good job? there are always issues? Youre comparing some software glitch to literally disfunctional phones ma man. Let me help you understand better:
Adam12

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.114
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: ALL THE TIME
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): WI-FI

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

My phone suddenly can't turn on wi-fi service, even after rebooting, what should I do?

ROG PHONE 5 WIFI NOT TURNED ON
ItsMeCHG

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.114
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 2-3 times in last 30 Days
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

Previously i had wifi issues but resetting network settings used to fix it for a while.

Today it just died while i was playing game on it. Battery was well over 75%, still connecting charger didn't help. Its not turning on at all.

Still under warranty though.

ROG Phone 5 sudden shutdown and not turning on
Gormanfam12

My ASUS Rog 5 has stopped working. I can't make phone calls or recieve calls or texts of any kind. I did all the recommendations that I read to do like reboot/restart phone, restart in safe mode, turn airplane mode off in safe mode, reset network settings, tried buying a new SIM card, etc. Nothing worked. I know a lot of people online have had this problem and similar issues like mine and its frustrating that there has been no help at all out there for anybody else who is having the same thing going on with this phone. Any help what so ever would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

PHONE NOT WORKING/NETWORK ISSUES?
Ryu9

1. Model Name:ROG 5S
  2. Firmware Version:WW_Phone-31.0810.1226.114
  3. Rooted or not:NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Today I just came back from work after that I found out my phone unable to turn on wifi also hotspot I also tried to reset wifi, mobile data,Bluetooth, restart phone also didn't work at all my phone warranty was ended I don't know what to do right

screenshot-20220909-190108146-281-29.jpg

now I feel so sad because I don't have money to afford to repair, also one thing my sim card 1 slot also didn't working at all seriously I need help ...

screenshot-20220909-184722667.jpg

screenshot-20220909-185000701.jpg

screenshot-20220909-185054359.jpg

screenshot-20220909-183314736.jpg

Today is my worst day
MUHAMMED ALII

Hello am facing problems in my Rog phone 5 12 256GB from the start of my purchase till date I have gone for service centre more then 5,6 time they have changed the motherboard 4 times and now again am facing problems it's lagging, hanging getting over heated and auto re-starting there is no customer satisfaction in Asus and this product is waste of money and no support from the Asus. Very disappointed

Phone lagging ,hanging and auto re-start
nabeelgee96

1. Model Name: Rog 5s
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Hi, my rog phone 5s wifi is not working anymore I don't know what happened.

My phone has 1 month warranty remaining, and don't find any service center in Pakistan.

Is there any service center available in Pakistan?

Rog 5s Wifi not working

I didnt even get to finish the first page of the Rog5 forum. There is plenty more on the very first page. Now tell me with a straight face this is comparible to iphones and samsungs, i dare you.

TX11559
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227525#Comment_227525

Oh, good job? there are always issues? Youre comparing some software glitch to literally disfunctional phones ma man. Let me help you understand better:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63797/rog-phone-5-wifi-not-turned-on

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63854/rog-phone-5-sudden-shutdown-and-not-turning-on

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63853/phone-not-working-network-issues

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63767/today-is-my-worst-day

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63827/phone-lagging-hanging-and-auto-re-start

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63786/rog-5s-wifi-not-working

I didnt even get to finish the first page of the Rog5 forum. There is plenty more on the very first page. Now tell me with a straight face this is comparible to iphones and samsungs, i dare you.

View post
I don't know, I never visited their forums, I just said everyone has issues, I know that because of friends who had this brand and complained (however they had the cheap models).
Still, I am not saying ASUS has no issues, they do (I think they failed with their ROG5) , I am saying the brand is far from dying because they still have done good job, and other reviewers who own them reported no issues.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.