cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I download dodgy pics?

fergusd84
Rising Star I
Well. Sorry to raise this. But here goes:
CNN, BBC, Wikipedia, charities, trusts, clubs, shopping, forums, tech, .. .. anything at all really. The sites don't even have to be overtly worthy or respectable. Long press on an image, request Download, and there you have it.
But try for something dodgy - and the Download request fails with the message "Failed to download. Check internet connection." (And how does it know??)
I'm approx 400 years old, of unstated gender, irrelevant (and frankly meaningless nowadays) orientation and don't need this stuff or miss it. But by the same token, being over 18, surely I should be allowed it? This applies whether WiFi or Cell Data, all providers, any number of locations. Edge, Firefox, Chrome, whatever. The common link is *This ZenFone 8*!!!! And, moreover, I think the barrier started recently.
Any ideas how to circumvent this? Something in Settings?
7 REPLIES 7

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
If your talking about the site s e x. Com
Then yeah I could not download any photo for example using Samsung browser. I think this could be a site limitation though.

I also tried it on another phone, Motorola and the same thing

MisterDams
Star I
Looks like the images are loaded through a CDN (you don't access the real files but a server is mirroring the original files).
The browser is asked to not cache the file (probably for this exact purpose!) and the link is only usable one time. So when you try to download the picture, you're making another request but the URL you're requesting is not available anymore: the transfer fails.
If you reload the page, the image looks like its the same, but is not actually the exact same link, as it would be expected on most websites, so the browser have to download the "new" one (very bad for data consumption on mobile networks).
Not at all Asus related, but interesting to see how they protect their content.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.