This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor problem during conversation

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
During the conversation, when I hold the phone to my ear, sometimes the screen wakes up and my ear starts up various functions of the phone. This is very common after updating to Android 12, previously it was less. Please solve this problem ASAP. Phone software version: 31.1010.0410.72, APP software version: 2.9.0.27_220324
84 REPLIES 84

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
This setting is in the Phone app in Android 11. Anyone had any luck in Android 12? I can't verify at the moment. I think I checked it when I had 12 but can't remember.
In Phone App > Settings > Call Screen > Turn on Proximity Sensor

steve02
Rising Star I
i tried that but it didn't change anything. still with most of my calls the screen turns back on and i'm changing all the settings with my ear or cheek.

Babblo
Star I
Hope this help. In my case the problem was my samsung galaxy watch. When disconected the watch the problem disappeared. A workaround is to disable phone calls on the watch under bluetooth device settings.

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
Edit: deleted comment.
Hoping that ASUS are still looking into this. Any news?

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
I have received another system update and the problem is still not resolved. Are only amateurs working at ASUS ??? I will not buy an ASUS device anymore and I will advise against such a purchase to everyone.