This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi stopped working, how to resolve this?

HeLLbOy
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone suddenly rebooted on its own today and since then, the WiFi doesn't work. When I toggle it On, it says turning on, but doesn't do it. If you go back to previous screen and return to the Internet settings screen, it shows WiFi as toggled off. I have tried rebooting the phone, did network reset and did a factory reset. But to no avail, the issue still persists. I can see multiple posted asking to visit the service center, but none have shared whether service center resolved the issue or not, what was the issue identified and did it involve any major part change? Need help with resolving this on my own as I do not have a service center near my place anymore.
8 REPLIES 8

Ryu9
Star II
Haiz same problems with you no admin replies also no service center near my place also I guess I have go to local phone repair to ask around

nsanedown
Star III
Like with the rest of the myriad of threads around this subject, the problem is a faulty motherboard from the assembly line.
All versions of the ROG 5 seem to have this issues from what was reported in the last 6 months, with the only solution ever found being a motherboard replacement via the service center affiliated with ASUS.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Ryu9

Haiz same problems with you no admin replies also no service center near my place also I guess I have go to local phone repair to ask around

View post
according to @TX11559 :
Asus has done great job with their phones
🤡
Anyone else sick and tired of people trying to defend ASUS with this kind of practice?

TX11559
Rising Star I
You are taking a Quote from half of my full command, yes Asus has done great job, fact is that people are still buying and getting their phones. and I was replaying to someone who said that their brand is about to die which is not.

Is Asus perfect? no, they have much to improve, but there are always issues, even Samsung and iPhone got issues,