This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop won't connect to Wi-Fi

Chriswoakes
Star I
System: Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition (UX5401, 12th Gen Intel)
Battery or AC: 63WHrs, 3S1P, 3-cell Li-ion
Model: (UX5401, 12th Gen Intel)
Frequency of occurrence: Many Times
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I reset my router yesterday, and my laptop won't connect to Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi is visible, but when I input the password it won't connect. This is only a problem for my Zenbook laptop - my wife's MacBook, her iPhone, and my android phone all connect just fine.The reset was an accident - router was unplugged during some furniture moving, and then when plugged back in no device could connect to it. So we did a reset, and 3 of our 4 devices can connect. My model number is Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition (UX5401, 12th Gen Intel) , and I get the message "Can't connect to this network" after inputting the correct password. 
6 REPLIES 6

FongPoui
Rising Star II
@Chriswoakes
For my UX8402ZE, I encountered a problem like this: after configuring a Xiaomi Wifi Extender, from my Desktop I could not connect to 5G wifi but for 2.4G, it is ok. Just 2 or 3 days ago, I disconnected the 5G wifi from my Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and I arrived to connect my desktop to the 5G wifi.
I cannot explain why. For the unsucessful connections, the error message is "cannot connect to this wifi"...

Chriswoakes
Star I
I forgot to mention, My laptop was connecting to other Wifi networks, but not to home network. I tried to follow the steps mentioned in this step: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62126/problems-with-wifi .

FongPoui
Rising Star II
@Chriswoakes
I think that you can try by disconnecting your phone wifi internet connection. After that, try to connect your desktop to that wifi.

Falcon_ASUS
Chriswoakes
  1. System: Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition (UX5401, 12th Gen Intel)
  2. Battery or AC: 63WHrs, 3S1P, 3-cell Li-ion
  3. Model: (UX5401, 12th Gen Intel)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Many Times
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I reset my router yesterday, and my laptop won't connect to Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi is visible, but when I input the password it won't connect. This is only a problem for my Zenbook laptop - my wife's MacBook, her iPhone, and my android phone all connect just fine.The reset was an accident - router was unplugged during some furniture moving, and then when plugged back in no device could connect to it. So we did a reset, and 3 of our 4 devices can connect. My model number is Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition (UX5401, 12th Gen Intel) , and I get the message "Can't connect to this network" after inputting the correct password. 

Laptop won't connect to Wi-Fi
@Chriswoakes
Please try the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - Wireless Network Problems | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.