Star II
System: win 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: VivoBook 16X OLED
Frequency of occurrence: All the time upon shutdown
Reset OS: yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:upon trying to shut the laptop down I always get this message “Asus Dial Agent preventing Shutdown”
I tried factory reset which reinstalled the Win 11 OS, but it did not help.
kindly suggest solutions. Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18

Falcon_ASUS
Hi all
May I ask whether the system you are currently using has been re-installed by yourself, or is it the original system?
Please help to confirm, if you remove MyASUS, ASUS System Control Interface and ASUS Control Panel, and then reinstall it, will the situation improve?
If the problem still exists, please help provide the version of the following app you are currently using.
1.MyASUS
2.ASUS System Control Interface
3.ASUS Control Panel (ASUS Control Panel Toolkit、ProArt Creator Hub、ProArt Creator Hub Service)
[Notebook] ASUS Control Panel Introduction | Official Support | ASUS Global[Windows 11/10] How to uninstall Apps, Windows installed updates, Drivers | Official Support | ASUS ...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

moby
Star II
When I reset the laptop, all original Asus applications were reinstalled including My Asus, Asus System control Interface and Asus Control panel. However, the shutdown problem did not go away which is why I reset Windows through Windows 11 Recovery!

jlemister
Star I
Computer reset didn't resolve the issue for moby unfortunately. So I think I'll pass on doing the same.
One additional bit of info - if I disable AsusDial in ProArt Creator Hub (under Control Settings) then the computer will shutdown normally. Enabling it again and the problem returns.

jacob25
Star I
Computer reset didn't resolve the issue for moby unfortunately. So I think I'll pass on doing the same.
One additional bit of info - if I disable AsusDial in ProArt Creator Hub (under Control Settings) then the computer will shutdown normally. Enabling it again and the problem returns.

Arjun_C
Star III
I'm also having the same issue, I tried resetting windows 2 times (including cloud reinstall). Tried uninstalling and reinstalling all Asus software and still, the same issue happens.