cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selfie camera flash not working properly in apps

DiamondBatch
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: Android 12 (5.10.101 - android12-9-00001-g4c8b638d3017-ab-8786896)
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Instagram, Whatsapp, Messenger, etc.
I realised while taking a photo with the selfie camera with flash on any non-native camera app, the camera either doesn't work (in Signal, it straight up says camera unavailable when flash is turned on, but works otherwise), or the shot is taken, but before the flash occurs. Moreover, there is a buzzing noise in the selfie camera whenever turning the selfie cam off in the native camera app, or whenever a photo is taken with the selfie camera in non-native camera apps. However, this does not seem to occur in Snapchat.
I read that on the Zenfone 8, the buzz of the selfie camera toggling is a typical phenomenon. I suspect that the mentioned applications are taking the photo by capturing the last frame on the selfie camera and shutting it off, therefore the camera gets shut off at the instant the shutter is pressed. Would someone know whether this is a problem with the Zenfone's implementation on these apps or is this a problem with those apps not being optimised for the phone yet?
3 REPLIES 3

Mattias_ASUS
Hello!
If you go to Settings -> System -> About phone
You can find the Build Number.
Could you please write which Build Number you are on? 🙂 That way I can start testing some stuff.

DiamondBatch
Star II
Hi the build number is
WW_32.2030.2030.26

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.