cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ethernet adapter keep disconnecting during games

Mazen_Junaidi
Star III
hello everybody,
i just bought rog phone 6 three days ago and i noticed some glitches here and there and after searching on internet i found that alot of this bugs or issues happend to other users so i will not talk about it now because majority of that issues is UI related and u can live with it untill receiving new update, but my issue that am gonna talk about is reason that i bought this device and its not accepted at all which is (ethernet adapter connection keeps droping and disconnecting during the game ) yes its gaming phone and the connection keeps dropping. i tried to do many things to fix the issue but nothing solve it, i tried this : unistalled un-nessessery apps+restart device+restart modem+factory reset device ...and nothing solve the issue than i tried to disable the (ARMOURY CRATE) app and i felt that the performance of my device and ethernet connection become slightly better but the issue not solved ...so any one faced something like this. BTW am using good brand adapter (powerology brand) and this adapter works flawlessly with my ipad mini and S22 ultra and am using (cat 6 and cat 7 cable) direct from the router. i wish to find solution for this issue because i cant play call of duty mobile because of this issue!!!

Model Name : Asus rog phone 6
firmeware : Android 12 with last security update
Not rooted
Frequency : sometimes 3 times during the game, sometimes 5 times, sometimes the system not recognise the adapter, sometimes the system takes more than 2 minutes to recognise the adapter, sometimes i need to unplug the adapter 3 times to recognise the adapter
idont know which app causes this and the apps installed on my device is : whatsapp, messenger lite, call of duty mobile

This happend with the USB-C 3.1 located at the left side of the device ( not bottom )
33 REPLIES 33

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@Mazen Junaidi
USB-C on the ROG6 is like audio, when it's not what we'd expect in 2022 on a high-end device we don't talk about it at all, so that way we are covered against a defect or an advertised feature that does not work.
Check the USB-C specifications on the official site, the port does not even appear when there are 2.
Ditto on the manual, there is a line that specifies that only the side port is displayport compatible, without specifying the version (1.1 to 1.4 unknown). You have to go see the video possibilities to determine the version, 1.2 in this case.
Exit thunderbolt compatibility so
For USB-C 3.1 no indication Gen 1, Gen 2
In short, what you can do if you haven't already done it, remove all that can be a dialogue with usb-c
disable usb audio routing, check apps via usb
Finally, the message indicates that the usb-c port limits the possibilities of the other usb-c port, so if you have a 100 mbps router or even 10 mbps it is to be tested.
Finally, the last point to do (which should have been the first requested by an asus tech is to activate the log and send them for analysis) but on the English discus it does not seem to know this feature, here are the codes for info to their attention
On: .19595+=
Off: .09595+=
Attention, the volume can be consequent, it must be stopped as soon as the problem occurs, the ideal being that the problem occurs in the first 3-5 minutes, if this is not the case, stop, erase and start again.
You send them the log in private message, it will change them from the copy/paste message for Wifi HS of the rog 5

Mazen_Junaidi
Star III
@FunBike31
hold on my friend it seems you are so professional 😂 i dont understand anything technical you said, i am normal person working in graphic design, playing some games and i want to get this issue fixed in my device because as a gaming phone this issue shouldn't be exist.
i think the developrs and programmers should investigate this issue to find solution and fix it
you said something very very important happend to me and this is evedance that you are an expert, the thing is that when the disconnection happen the audio also disconnected simoltaniously and sometimes the audio disconnected before the ethernet connection drops and sometimes after !!! i dont know why ??yes you are right

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Mazen Junaidi

@FunBike31

hold on my friend it seems you are so professional 😂 i dont understand anything technical you said, i am normal person working in graphic design, playing some games and i want to get this issue fixed in my device because as a gaming phone this issue shouldn't be exist.

i think the developrs and programmers should investigate this issue to find solution and fix it

you said something very very important happend to me and this is evedance that you are an expert, the thing is that when the disconnection happen the audio also disconnected simoltaniously and sometimes the audio disconnected before the ethernet connection drops and sometimes after !!! i dont know why ??yes you are right

View post
He is french so he uses google translate a lot, hence its hard to understand what he writes at times. To translate:
He is complaining about the fact that ASUS always waters down features, nobody talks about it, leaving users in the dark. He talks about how the sideport is the only port eDP compatible but ASUS doesnt even specifiy what version it can use (1.2DP btw).
What he is suspecting is that the type C port is some outdated garbage port that is to stupid to handle multiple signals at the same time, so he wants you to force turn off features like audio routing in the hopes that it will stabilize your ethernet connection.
Personally I don't think it's a matter of the port itself, but rather software being confused what to do with the port, same way ASUS mishandle "hypercharge". It's very similair how macbooks seem to be to dumb to utlize many type C devices.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Thank you for having cleared up, it is true that English I understand quite well but write it!!! and with google translate the result is as you say.

Mazen_Junaidi
Star III
@Danishblunt
@FunBike31
i tested now what you mentioned:
disabled audio routing in developer options and am sorry to say that the issue happend more than 3-6 times in one match :((