This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Video Playback During Screen Cast is Too Choppy

Mike9349
Star II
I have a Zenfone 8 with system version 31.1010.0411.113. When I screen cast to my Roku Premiere, the video playback is too slow to use. I get about 1 frame per 10 seconds. All my other client devices have no issues casting to the same Roku device. I do not possess any other host devices to which I can cast my phone screen, so I have no way of knowing whether the Zenfone 8 would exhibit the same issue while casting to other host devices.
Has anyone else had similar experience?
3 REPLIES 3

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Typically when you stream to something, 2 factors will mainly be important:
1.) Transfer speed, how quick can you transfer something to your local network.
2.) Size of the media casted.
So either you need to improve the connection to your Roku, by making sure you get a "direct line" to it without filters or similair and using 5ghz+ networks or you need to use an appliation like "SecondScreen" to lower your resolution of your phone to make sure it streams lower resolution which will require less data to display properly.

keren_ASUS
Hi @Mike9349
Thank you for reaching out. What Danishblunt is saying is correct. Make sure that your internet speed / network are adequate enough to screen cast. You can also try clearing your phone's memory cache to see if this helps.
Also, please update your firmware since it's not the latest one. Thank you!

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.