Sweet_Tooth
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
I noticed that I don't receive push notifications immediately when I lock my phone. The delay varies from 5 minutes to 1 hour, which is unacceptable. But when my phone is not locked OR when it's locked and charging, I receive notifications immediately. It happens with all apps with push notifications, eg Twitter, Telegram, PayPal, banking apps etc.
It seems that Internet connection is being cut off or it is not being kept constantly when I lock my phone. I checked all possible settings and couldn't find anything that would help me solve this issue.
Does anyone know what should I do?
3 REPLIES 3

Mattias_ASUS
I have a little tip.
Try doing a long-press of the app and then go to the app settings, there you have Mobile data & Wi-Fi.
Turn on "Unrestricted data usage" this should bypass the screen lock and send notifications right away.
Let me know if this works for you 😄

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Sweet Tooth

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 5

Firmware Version:

Rooted or not: not

Frequency of Occurrence: all the time

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi,

I noticed that I don't receive push notifications immediately when I lock my phone. The delay varies from 5 minutes to 1 hour, which is unacceptable. But when my phone is not locked OR when it's locked and charging, I receive notifications immediately. It happens with all apps with push notifications, eg Twitter, Telegram, PayPal, banking apps etc.

It seems that Internet connection is being cut off or it is not being kept constantly when I lock my phone. I checked all possible settings and couldn't find anything that would help me solve this issue.

Does anyone know what should I do?

Push notifications are delayed when my phone is locked
Turn off battery optimizations for the apps you want instant notification. It will drain more battery tho.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.