This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Security - Core Isolation issue

johnpaultan07
Star II
Battery or AC: Both (battery non removable)
Model: ASUS Laptop 15 M509DA
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
System: Windows 11
========================
Detailed description:
I can't turn on the Core Isolation - Memory Integrity.
I only saw this error after doing Windows update recently and using Mumu Player which is a PC Emulator by Netease.
I contacted Microsoft Support and there is still no update fix for it. I saw online that the usb2ser.sys by MediaTek is from Asus. Need help.
screenshot-2022-09-01-010405.png
screenshot-2022-09-01-010428.png
screenshot-2022-09-01-010457.png
screenshot-2022-09-01-010522.png

35 REPLIES 35

Falcon_ASUS
johnpaultan07

@Falcon_ASUS My windows security is showing my device maybe vulneralbe is not turned off. That is a security issue.

I have technical support ticket ASUS Service No=A2202041761-0012

View post
@johnpaultan07
I will forward the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Asus_Predator
Star I
I have the same issue.

Falcon_ASUS
johnpaultan07

@Falcon_ASUS My windows security is showing my device maybe vulneralbe is not turned off. That is a security issue.

View post
@johnpaultan07
Confirmed by the technical unit, according to the pictures, it may be that you have previously used MTK mobile phones or other MKT chip devices to make connections. Because this model is not shipped with MKT network card, if you have no impression of connecting other devices, we would recommend that you back up your data and restore the system. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...

johnpaultan07
Star II
@Falcon_ASUS I reached out to Microsoft support few nights ago and they checked into this issue. They said there's going to be a big Windows update but the tech doesn't know when yet he just told me to submit this issue under Microsoft feedback hub. Can ASUS provide an update patch to fix this issue instead of having to do PC reset?
It also says on Microsoft Support website under "Why do incompatible drivers prevent using Memory integrity?" below:
I can't post the link on here because it says "I need to be around for a little while longer before you can post links".
"If you want to restore the Memory integrity setting, you can try to resolve a driver incompatibility by seeing if an updated and compatible driver is available through Windows Update or from the driver manufacturer. Microsoft does not recommend that you delete drivers to attempt to restore this setting."

johnpaultan07
Star II

@Falcon_ASUS
Update: Today I updated my Windows 11 to the latest version 22H2. Now the Windows Security is showing ok and it's not flagging Core Isolation anymore. But I still can't turn on the Core Isolation because of the old Mediatek driver usb2ser.sys
screenshot-2022-10-06-021307.png
screenshot-2022-10-06-021342.png
screenshot-2022-10-06-021519.png