Battery or AC: Both
Model: GV301RE
Frequency of occurrence: Continuous
Reset OS: Brand new
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi all,
I've been having issues getting Display Port displays to work on my Flow X13 (2022) running Windows 11. 
Neither the left or right USB-C ports appear to support Display Port and displays/signals are not being detected.
I'm using a USB-C to full-sized DP adapter that I know to work. The monitors I am using are a pair of Dell U2518D's.
I can confirm that USB-C - HDMI adapter is working fine with both ports
I have a Dell WD19 docking station on the way which I hope to use (replacing my old thunderbolt dock) that should be making use of DP Alt Mode, which the spec's say the laptop should support.
Also: Slightly related is USB-4 and potentially TB3 support still planned as a update this year by ASUS, a number of review articles mentioned this?
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
jamescutts
  1. System: ROG Flow X13 GV301RE
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: GV301RE
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Continuous
  5. Reset OS: Brand new
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi all,

I've been having issues getting Display Port displays to work on my Flow X13 (2022) running Windows 11. 

Neither the left or right USB-C ports appear to support Display Port and displays/signals are not being detected.

I'm using a USB-C to full-sized DP adapter that I know to work. The monitors I am using are a pair of Dell U2518D's.

I can confirm that USB-C - HDMI adapter is working fine with both ports

I have a Dell WD19 docking station on the way which I hope to use (replacing my old thunderbolt dock) that should be making use of DP Alt Mode, which the spec's say the laptop should support.

Also: Slightly related is USB-4 and potentially TB3 support still planned as a update this year by ASUS, a number of review articles mentioned this?

No USB-C DP display output on ROG Flow X13 GV301RE
@jamescutts
According to your description "I can confirm that USB-C - HDMI adapter is working fine with both ports", there should be no abnormality in the connection. I would recommend you to confirm the compatibility of the docking station. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

jamescutts
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63462/no-usb-c-dp-display-output-on-rog-flow-x13-gv301re

@jamescutts

According to your description "I can confirm that USB-C - HDMI adapter is working fine with both ports", there should be no abnormality in the connection. I would recommend you to confirm the compatibility of the docking station. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
The adapter I'm using is a generic USB-C to display port one, I've been using it for years with various laptops though all intel based. Potentially it doesn't support DP Alt Mode, or its potentially Thunderbolt based in which case I could understand it not working.
I'm still waiting on the docking station arriving, to test, its USB-C and DP Alt mode based as far as I'm aware so there's no reason it shouldn't work.
I'll update with any results.

jamescutts
Star I
Update:
I can confirm that the Dell WD19 Docking Station works as expected.
Two external displays Dell U2518D (1440p) are both connected via Display Port and running at 60hz.
Power is supplied by the dock, however Armoury crate blocks turbo mode, even though the dock can supply 130w though this was expected.

Falcon_ASUS
jamescutts

Update:

I can confirm that the Dell WD19 Docking Station works as expected.

Two external displays Dell U2518D (1440p) are both connected via Display Port and running at 60hz.

Power is supplied by the dock, however Armoury crate blocks turbo mode, even though the dock can supply 130w though this was expected.

View post
@jamescutts
Please kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1.What is the BIOS and system version you are currently using?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalWhich version of Windows operating system am I running?2.What is the Armoury crate version you are currently using?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.