This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 6D Ultimate, new chip, possible solution?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Well this is an interesting turn of events.

This makes me wonder if ASUS actually realized that it would be another Rog5 fiasco and is now going mediatek and redesign the phone for mediatek.
@FunBike31 I think this might interest you as well, as this would mean different power delivery and chips.
@Mattias_ASUS Why you kept this a secret 😯
I seriously hope that this mediatek version will eliminate all the broken power IC issues and make the phone much more resilient. Strenghtening the frame, make sure it doesnt bend the board or shred the cables while making sure power IC won't short and we got a serviceble phone, due to no quallcom premium on top, this phone might as well be cheaper. Also due to lack of Audio from qualcomm they might be using better quality dacs and chips to improve speaker quality as well.
At this point I know I'm super optimistic but I hope this phone will actually be more of a redesign and use proper components this time around.
33 REPLIES 33

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
CHOOZR

its an opening. some mechanized opening for cooling. animation over here

https://www.gsmarena.com/asus_rog_phone_6d_ultimate_will_have_the_best_cooling_of_any_rog_phone_ever...

View post
This should make the phone sturdier as well.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/226376#Comment_226376

This should make the phone sturdier as well.

View post
yes, with the flap coming out at an angle, it should reduce the flex, jerryrig cant break it now =P

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
CHOOZR

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/226429#Comment_226429

yes, with the flap coming out at an angle, it should reduce the flex, jerryrig cant break it now =P

View post
To early to say yet, It might simply be shifted for all we know, but at that point where the Rog5/Rog6 broke, the Rog6D won't. And it actually prevents all the issues that the Rog5/Rog6 had with board flexing and breaking components since the cooling unit. So far it seems the 6D not only performs better, has better camera image, better battery life but also seems more durable. At this point it feels like the regular Rog6 was just another Rog5 with downgrades + anotehr chip while the 6D is the actual Rog6,

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Whatever the quality of this Rog 6D, the behavior of asus towards customers exceeds the acceptable limits, unable to assume their responsibilities for failed products for +15 months, the responses to Wifi / Hotspot HS of the Rog 5 are getting worse and worse. worse while from the beginning there is only one known solution and the problem will recur, we can read from the ASUS speakers.
Tried in safe mode
Reset the phone
Installed the latest firmware version
I sent you a private message
not to mention the person who answers and who obviously never reads the user's post.
As the devices approach the end of the warranty, we make them lose several days or weeks, those who are at the end of the warranty, we send them an XXL quote.
No warranty extension is offered systematically, no exchange offer or purchase of a new device with an advantageous price, in short, shitty customer treatment.
Keep it up ASUS, we'll see what happens in the long run.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

Whatever the quality of this Rog 6D, the behavior of asus towards customers exceeds the acceptable limits, unable to assume their responsibilities for failed products for +15 months, the responses to Wifi / Hotspot HS of the Rog 5 are getting worse and worse. worse while from the beginning there is only one known solution and the problem will recur, we can read from the ASUS speakers.

Tried in safe mode

Reset the phone

Installed the latest firmware version

I sent you a private message

not to mention the person who answers and who obviously never reads the user's post.

As the devices approach the end of the warranty, we make them lose several days or weeks, those who are at the end of the warranty, we send them an XXL quote.

No warranty extension is offered systematically, no exchange offer or purchase of a new device with an advantageous price, in short, shitty customer treatment.

Keep it up ASUS, we'll see what happens in the long run.

View post
Absolutely agreed, I'm just trying to find a light at the end of this dark tunnel.
The fact that the Rog5 is such a mess and they rebranded it as a Rog5S is just weird, then they released the Rog6 which is going to suffer from the same fate since the piss poor design, then only 2 months after, they release a fixed version to piss on their customers that purchased the Rog6 to begin with. And we know Gen2 is going to happen in another 2-3months making the D version obsolete. At this point ASUS is pissing on their customers nonstop, trying to milk them as much as possible.
However it's not entirely ASUS's fault. People warn the userbase, and the userbase simply don't care. While you can call out ASUS on what they're doing, it's the userbase that enables this type of behaviour by throwing money at ASUS despite being warned. At this point, ASUS won't stop, it's easy money and the userbase won't stop because shiny Rog phone. We have hit the same point as Apple and Samsung buyers, it's not savable. Asus has no reason to stop, it's huge profit.
The userbase will tell you to let them be alone, while then coming back crying when their device breaks, but will still keep buying. No matter our efforts to guide ASUS back to the quality they once had, it's a fruitless effort.