cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlocks in pocket

buzzd
Star II
Hello,
I'm having a weird problem with my new Zenfone 9. It often unlocks in my pocket even I definitely locked it before I put it in my pocket. I'm aware it can happen very fast when I touch the fingerprint sensor while putting it into my pocket. That's why I grab it with my fingers on the back and front, and I definitely don't touch the fingerprint sensor. Anyone else having the same problem and is having an idea how to prevent it?
Greetings
BuzzD

33 REPLIES 33

leogrievous
Star II
Having the same issue too. I love the phone but this is unacceptable. Today it accidentally sent a picture with personal information to a group chat.
This problem forces me to keep mobile data off when it's in my pocket so it doesn't mess things up.
I'm on FW 32.2030.2030.26
This doesn't explain why it randomly unlocks, but I feel like part of the problem has something to do with the pocket detection not being on when the phone is unlocked, so the pocket touches are not being inhibited. (Test this by holding your hand over the earpiece while the phone is locked)
Additional I would like to suggest adding an option to enable swiping up from the lockscreen after using the fingerprint reader. This would help with the unwanted unlocking and also be convenient for when you just want to check your notifications. Since the fingerprint reader is so fast that if you touch the power button it basically directly drops you off on the homescreen.
I hope these suggestions help the product team.
But yeah, please fix asap. This can't be happening.

Crimis
Rising Star I
You can set the fingerprint scanner to a mandatory press of the button before it unlocks.
This prevents it from accidentally unlocking when you touch only touch it.

leogrievous
Star II
Crimis

You can set the fingerprint scanner to a mandatory press of the button before it unlocks.

This prevents it from accidentally unlocking when you touch only touch it.

View post
I have that enabled. It still happens

Heimdallr
Star I
Absolutely unacceptable. Phone is great with the minus that the fingerprint reader is on the side, and the phone is small so I nearly always unlock it while putting it to pocket. Reader should be ON THE BACK like in Zenfone 3 PRO.

Besides that, even if I try to put it specially cautious to the pocket, it still unlocks and does A LOT of troubles. Images, calls, settings fkup. Any fix for it?

Mansi_ASUS
Hey, this issue will be addressed in the next FW update.