This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 6D Ultimate, new chip, possible solution?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Well this is an interesting turn of events.

This makes me wonder if ASUS actually realized that it would be another Rog5 fiasco and is now going mediatek and redesign the phone for mediatek.
@FunBike31 I think this might interest you as well, as this would mean different power delivery and chips.
@Mattias_ASUS Why you kept this a secret 😯
I seriously hope that this mediatek version will eliminate all the broken power IC issues and make the phone much more resilient. Strenghtening the frame, make sure it doesnt bend the board or shred the cables while making sure power IC won't short and we got a serviceble phone, due to no quallcom premium on top, this phone might as well be cheaper. Also due to lack of Audio from qualcomm they might be using better quality dacs and chips to improve speaker quality as well.
At this point I know I'm super optimistic but I hope this phone will actually be more of a redesign and use proper components this time around.
33 REPLIES 33

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I

Rog 6D seems to have a flap, accessory port?! Or just some weird designed display? Anyone know anything?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
A hatch with connectors would be weird, impossible with the AeroCooler 6 fan since it seems to be for these 6Ds too
An intervention window to see if IC has burned and change it without opening the device 😂

excavation5
Rising Star II
In reality if i have choice between rog phone 6 or 6D i will choice 6 whit 8gen plus 1 becouse some games are no so good optimize for dimensity processor ... Yesterday i try to find phone whit dimensity 9000 who can run CODM whit 90 fps but no success the game is not optimize for this procesor also i buy the rog phone 6 whit the cooler and i see there are improvements in the phone and the biggest is how good are the performance i play 3 hours apex legends at max graphics whit 5G internet connection and room temperature about 24C and the performance was 99.8% stable also the temperature didn get more than 42-43C but this is normal becouse of 5G the phone is get more hot also in CODM at 90fps max temperature that i get is 39C before this whit rog phone 5 whit same settings and using 4G or 5G i get 44-45 C whit the lastest firmware so for me 8gen plus 1 is good and i dont have problem whit overheating

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
excavation5

In reality if i have choice between rog phone 6 or 6D i will choice 6 whit 8gen plus 1 becouse some games are no so good optimize for dimensity processor ... Yesterday i try to find phone whit dimensity 9000 who can run CODM whit 90 fps but no success the game is not optimize for this procesor also i buy the rog phone 6 whit the cooler and i see there are improvements in the phone and the biggest is how good are the performance i play 3 hours apex legends at max graphics whit 5G internet connection and room temperature about 24C and the performance was 99.8% stable also the temperature didn get more than 42-43C but this is normal becouse of 5G the phone is get more hot also in CODM at 90fps max temperature that i get is 39C before this whit rog phone 5 whit same settings and using 4G or 5G i get 44-45 C whit the lastest firmware so for me 8gen plus 1 is good and i dont have problem whit overheating

View post
What?
The DImensity runs games much better and much more stable.
The camera processing is also better.

I gathered more information about the Rog6D as well and it seems there is more to it than you think. It has a few things up its sleeve and it has a surprise which even surprised me. I am not allowed to give more details but let say many will be surprised. The Rog6D might actually be the real Rog6 while the Rog6 was just another Rog5 refresh, this would explain so much.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
its an opening. some mechanized opening for cooling. animation over here

Asus ROG Phone 6D Ultimate will have the best cooling of any ROG Phone ever