ROG Phone 6, twin apps not recognizing Whatsapp

harstya
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 6
Firmware Version: CN_AI2201_user_release-mp
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): twin apps 12.1.0.12_220629
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
i owned ROG Phone 3 which recently died and i decided to switch to ROG Phone 6.
i can use dual Whatsapp account on ROG Phone 3 using twin apps, but why in ROG Phone 6 i cannot do that? (Whatsapp is not listed in the twin apps),
is it because i bought the Chinese version of ROG Phone 6 ?
please help
8 REPLIES 8

FunBike31
Community Legend I
This indication CN_AI2201_user_release-mp is not the firmware version, in System, by the way you must have a version in this format, 2 letters_2 digits.4 digits.4 digits.2or3 digits like the examples below
CN-32.2810.2206.95
WW-32.2810.2206.95
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63056/whatapp-twin-app-not-working

harstya
Star I
thanks for your info
firmware: CN_32.2810.2206.95
the link you provided is different issue from mine (they can use dual Whatsapp with twin apps, their issue is the contact not showing)
my issue is, i cant duplicate Whatsapp with twin apps

harstya
Star I
screenshot-20220903-100951-twin-apps-1.jpg
Whatsapp is not listed as supported apps to be cloned,
how can i use dual Whatsapp account in ROG 6 (CN version)?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I know, but I did not find the same problem
wouldn't it be easier to explain your problem in the Chinese section?
Between Asus and Tencent I don't understand anything, the partnership is specific to Taiwan but on the Asus/tw site there is no CN firmware, only WW!!! CN firmware are on other sites, this one for example: https://rog.asus.com/phones/rog-phone-6-model/helpdesk_bios/

There is an anomaly with your device that you should examine with the seller, the firmware being CN there is no reason for your device to be in .95, the OTA system should offer you at worst .134 at best .160 , if a search for manual update does not find .134 it means that you have the bootloader which has been unlocked (and can be relocked) which means that you are NO LONGER UNDER WARRANTY

If you are aware of this fact and wish to keep it and update it manually with the link given above, you must put .134 then .160 (do not go directly from .95 to .160)

I can't help you more, maybe a moderator but not before Monday