This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green tint when using night mode

Crimis
Rising Star I
When using night mode, the white balance seems way too green. On my Pixel 5 the colors look much better when using night mode (especially white web pages).
The other color profiles with night mode disabled also look way to green compared to my Pixel 5 (except optimal maybe)

18 REPLIES 18

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Crimis

@Mattias_ASUS I made a picture to demonstrate. Left Pixel 5, middle iPhone 12 Pro, Right Zenfone 9. All max brightness and max night mode.

Could it be a problem with my device?

img-9170-jpg.jpg

View post
Looks exacly like it should. If you see green, then you are red-green colorblind.

Crimis
Rising Star I
@Mattias_ASUS
I also found this picture in the display review of the Zenfone 8, you can see a clear difference between the night mode of the 2 Asus devices and the other devices. It looks like night mode is not strong enough on the Asus phones, it could go way more towards yellow-orange.

screenshot-012673.png

Mattias_ASUS
Hi! I just tried it with my Z9 in full brightness and the effect of Night Light at max intensity is still comfortable and the intensity of the mode is higher than the one shown in the pictures above.
I even tried it in the lowest possible brightness and could barely see the screen with the lights on, did also the test changing framerates and it is all still very much similar.
Different phone makers produce different types of Night Light, there is not a certified standard.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.