This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 6D Ultimate, new chip, possible solution?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Well this is an interesting turn of events.

This makes me wonder if ASUS actually realized that it would be another Rog5 fiasco and is now going mediatek and redesign the phone for mediatek.
@FunBike31 I think this might interest you as well, as this would mean different power delivery and chips.
@Mattias_ASUS Why you kept this a secret 😯
I seriously hope that this mediatek version will eliminate all the broken power IC issues and make the phone much more resilient. Strenghtening the frame, make sure it doesnt bend the board or shred the cables while making sure power IC won't short and we got a serviceble phone, due to no quallcom premium on top, this phone might as well be cheaper. Also due to lack of Audio from qualcomm they might be using better quality dacs and chips to improve speaker quality as well.
At this point I know I'm super optimistic but I hope this phone will actually be more of a redesign and use proper components this time around.
33 REPLIES 33

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@jajabinx35 Lol, there are professional games 😂

Danishblunt Existing devices with dimensity 9000 are as expensive as with 8 gen 1, + margin for the manufacturer.
Asus is not going to break sales of the ROG6, so I bet even more expensive, >1400€!!! A drop in the price of Rog6, I can't believe it
Those who use the 9000, the techs are sloppy, Sim1&2 are all active/passive except the 9000 and 9000+ allow active/active, when you've used it it's hard to switch back to active/passive.
The GPU was boosted on the 9000+ but it had a lot to catch up on.
No announcements on gaming accessories, not even an hdmi dock/mouse keyboard and especially remapping functions.
September 19th!!!! too early for it to come out in Android 13, a major version in the c..

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

@jajabinx35 Lol, there are professional games 😂

Danishblunt Existing devices with dimensity 9000 are as expensive as with 8 gen 1, + margin for the manufacturer.

Asus is not going to break sales of the ROG6, so I bet even more expensive, >1400€!!! A drop in the price of Rog6, I can't believe it

Those who use the 9000, the techs are sloppy, Sim1&2 are all active/passive except the 9000 and 9000+ allow active/active, when you've used it it's hard to switch back to active/passive.

The GPU was boosted on the 9000+ but it had a lot to catch up on.

No announcements on gaming accessories, not even an hdmi dock/mouse keyboard and especially remapping functions.

September 19th!!!! too early for it to come out in Android 13, a major version in the c..

View post
I did some more digging, the Dimensity chip seems crazy. According to leaks it beats the Gen8+1 in Antutu benchmark and it also has an insane ISP chip to process images, it has a compute power of 9 gigapixels per second, if this is implemented correcly it could make nightmode a game changer.
I dont think we will get the good old days back where ASUS actually had the most unique gaming phone with niche but interesteing accessories back.
Honestly, I know this sounds dumb as hell, but having a phone that doesn't die on you within a year would already be progress, which I hope the new version will do.

excavation5
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225706#Comment_225706

I did some more digging, the Dimensity chip seems crazy. According to leaks it beats the Gen8+1 in Antutu benchmark and it also has an insane ISP chip to process images, it has a compute power of 9 gigapixels per second, if this is implemented correcly it could make nightmode a game changer.

I dont think we will get the good old days back where ASUS actually had the most unique gaming phone with niche but interesteing accessories back.

Honestly, I know this sounds dumb as hell, but having a phone that doesn't die on you within a year would already be progress, which I hope the new version will do.

View post
https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/snapdragon-8-plus-gen-1-vs-mediatek-dimensity-9000-plus
Maybe this is the link of the tests
But depends what chip will have rog 6D if is not dimensity 9000-plus the antutu score and performance of Rog 6D will be smaller than ordinary rog 6

excavation5
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225706#Comment_225706

View post
Here is link for 8 gen plus 1 vs dimensity 9000
Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 vs Dimensity 9000: tests and benchmarks

FunBike31
Community Legend I
excavation5

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225835#Comment_225835

https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/snapdragon-8-plus-gen-1-vs-mediatek-dimensity-9000-plus

Maybe this is the link of the tests

But depends what chip will have rog 6D if is not dimensity 9000-plus the antutu score and performance of Rog 6D will be smaller than ordinary rog 6

View post
And if you read the ad and the title correctly, it's true that it says 9000+ and not 9000 Plus, but hey, there can't be many people in the world who find a difference between + and more