This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Day trader frustrated with sudden usb-c port issue with 4k monitor.

shawnito86
Star I
System: windows 11
Battery or AC: AC
Model: ux582
Frequency of occurrence: Just happened yesterday
Reset OS: upgraded from windows 10 to 11 hoping it would solve the issue but no luck. Ended up format and reinstalled windows 11 but still no luck.
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello! I have been using ux582 as a main computer for my daytrading. My current setup is two 49 ultrawide monitor connected to thunderbolt usbc port and one 27 inch monitor connected to hdmi port. My setup has been work flawlessly up till yesterday. The laptop happens to just shuts off itself yesterday and I thought it was automatic updated doing its own thing. I pressed the power button and the screen was pitch black so I ended up unplug all the conncetion and waited 5 min. As soon as I restarted the laptop and plugged all cables , the laptop only gives out video signal to hdmi monitor not the usb-c ports. I looked up every troubleshooting tips and did exactly what I needed to do such as uninstall and reinstall drivers, update bios and firmware and etc but it still didnt work... I formatted and reinstall OS but still no luck. Everytime I plug usb-c to dp port cable to my laptop, it says display connection might be limited and the monitor is pitch black. I happened to have my other laptop and tested it on it and it gives out video signal to my 4k monitor so its def not a cable or monitor issue. The laptop is only a year and 2month old cant believe I am having this kind of issue.... Has anyone ever had this problem ? Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
shawnito86
  1. System: windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: ux582
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Just happened yesterday
  5. Reset OS: upgraded from windows 10 to 11 hoping it would solve the issue but no luck. Ended up format and reinstalled windows 11 but still no luck.
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Hello! I have been using ux582 as a main computer for my daytrading. My current setup is two 49 ultrawide monitor connected to thunderbolt usbc port and one 27 inch monitor connected to hdmi port. My setup has been work flawlessly up till yesterday. The laptop happens to just shuts off itself yesterday and I thought it was automatic updated doing its own thing. I pressed the power button and the screen was pitch black so I ended up unplug all the conncetion and waited 5 min. As soon as I restarted the laptop and plugged all cables , the laptop only gives out video signal to hdmi monitor not the usb-c ports. I looked up every troubleshooting tips and did exactly what I needed to do such as uninstall and reinstall drivers, update bios and firmware and etc but it still didnt work... I formatted and reinstall OS but still no luck. Everytime I plug usb-c to dp port cable to my laptop, it says display connection might be limited and the monitor is pitch black. I happened to have my other laptop and tested it on it and it gives out video signal to my 4k monitor so its def not a cable or monitor issue. The laptop is only a year and 2month old cant believe I am having this kind of issue.... Has anyone ever had this problem ? Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

A Day trader frustrated with sudden usb-c port issue with 4k monitor.
@shawnito86
According to what you described, it may be that the TYPE-C of the laptop is faulty.
Please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
If you're lucky it might just be some dirt in the USB C port but if not unfortunately it sounds like you might want to take it in for a service.
I had an issue with my UX482EG and it was certainly a hardware issue. What you're describing might require a technician to check it out and/or do a port/board swap.

TuxCat
Star I
Something similar happen to me but it turned out that all my devices where developing issues becasue of the usb-c wires, with cheap usb wires are not made with best materials or specific awg and by so data/energy/electrons cannot flow and this causes the first point of contact/wire/module to heat.. Conclusion: only use high wattage with data transefer usb-c wires... samsung wires had worked well without complaints

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.