This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 6D Ultimate, new chip, possible solution?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Well this is an interesting turn of events.

This makes me wonder if ASUS actually realized that it would be another Rog5 fiasco and is now going mediatek and redesign the phone for mediatek.
@FunBike31 I think this might interest you as well, as this would mean different power delivery and chips.
@Mattias_ASUS Why you kept this a secret 😯
I seriously hope that this mediatek version will eliminate all the broken power IC issues and make the phone much more resilient. Strenghtening the frame, make sure it doesnt bend the board or shred the cables while making sure power IC won't short and we got a serviceble phone, due to no quallcom premium on top, this phone might as well be cheaper. Also due to lack of Audio from qualcomm they might be using better quality dacs and chips to improve speaker quality as well.
At this point I know I'm super optimistic but I hope this phone will actually be more of a redesign and use proper components this time around.
33 REPLIES 33

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://twitter.com/ASUS_ROG/status/1564191138780614657

This makes me wonder if ASUS actually realized that it would be another Rog5 fiasco and is now going mediatek and redesign the phone for mediatek.

@FunBike31 I think this might interest you as well, as this would mean different power delivery and chips.

I seriously hope that this mediatek version will eliminate all the broken power IC issues and make the phone much more resilient. Strenghtening the frame, make sure it doesnt bend the board or shred the cables while making sure power IC won't short and we got a serviceble phone, due to no quallcom premium on top, this phone might as well be cheaper. Also due to lack of Audio from qualcomm they might be using better quality dacs and chips to improve speaker quality as well.

At this point I know I'm super optimistic but I hope this phone will actually be more of a redesign and use proper components this time around.

As predicted by us not long ago, the 6 and 6 pro were a money grab 🤣🤣🤣🤣
And this proves it 🤣
If the speakers are the same as the normal rog 6, I won't even bother with the 6D. Aside from that, the dimensity looks like a promising chipset .

But to top it all off, the 8 gen 2 will be announced in November 😂😂😂 I can't stop LOL, this is beyond ridiculous. 💰 🚽

Mattias_ASUS
Danishblunt

https://twitter.com/ASUS_ROG/status/1564191138780614657

What can I say? I'm a man of mystery 😁

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63415/rog-6d-ultimate-new-chip-possible-solution

As predicted by us not long ago, the 6 and 6 pro were a money grab 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And this proves it 🤣

If the speakers are the same as the normal rog 6, I won't even bother with the 6D. Aside from that, the dimensity looks like a promising chipset .

But to top it all off, the 8 gen 2 will be announced in November 😂😂😂 I can't stop LOL, this is beyond ridiculous. 💰 🚽

View post
Thing is, most issues by the rog cpuld be argued were qualcomm related. So maybe, just maybe, this mediatek version might be the phone we were looking for.

jajabinx35
Star III
Nothing wrong with diffirent variants. For me it's preference. There's too many emulation apps that just does better on snapdragon. But for those that don't care too much about that and are into mainstream games, then yes this would be a good option