jajabinx35
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've pre-ordered my phone here in the UK. I chose this over other gaming phones as it has better update support (I had a rog phone 2 which died, then I tried the redmagic 6s pro, which is a good phone but the software support is so bad).

I know this won't go anywhere, but my job is done if this thread gets acknowledged or fed back as feedback to the Devs/Asus management team.
44 REPLIES 44

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@iAmPhilo
First of all I techncially posted 2 Rog6 sources, sadly I just realized the 2nd one didnt get posted, most likely due to it being external link combined with a lot of links, regardless, apparently you seem to think this is normal, having very little phones released and people already reporting defects, Now given you seem to have bought Oneplus who already are quite bad for a while now at quality control, already showcase the lack of "tech savyness" as it should be common sense for anyone who is tech savy that oneplus has lost its edge a very long time ago.
I don't define tech savy differently from its orignal definition.
well informed about or proficient in the use of modern technology
It's very clear that you asked for sources, I posted you some and now you are crying that apparently The fact you still don't understand my post is literally proof that you don't know what you're talking about.
You keep ignoring the things I debunk to avoid you losing credability yet you keep showcasing your ignorance towards the Rog 5 and Rog 6. The design of these phones are almost the same, the design is the cause of the problems of the Rog5 and yet you simply cannot seem to wrap your head around basic understanding that the Rog6 will have the same or similair issues because of its design, even people already reporting them.
The only one who keeps spouting nonsense without a shred of evidence has been you and nobody else. You have been going on and on about things you don't know anything about.
We all know how this is going to end, people will cry and beg for help after their phones dies again. You will be one of them as well and the worst part is, you will have learned exacly nothing. This is why the Rog series went down the drain to begin with, the idea of making disposible devices that require repairs which the company can charge big bucks on is a very nice business model which clueless users don't really seem to grasp and keep getting exploited. People have this very weird idea that they are never at fault, that they buying something for big money couldn't possibly be a mistake, deny all proof, deny all evidence, deny deny deny, but when the sht hits the fan, they all come back to hate on ASUS, only to buy the next gen anyways to then repeat the cycle, thinking, this time it will be different. Classic textbook instanity right there.

iAmPhilo
Star III
Danishblunt

@iAmPhilo

First of all I techncially posted 2 Rog6 sources, sadly I just realized the 2nd one didnt get posted, most likely due to it being external link combined with a lot of links, regardless, apparently you seem to think this is normal, having very little phones released and people already reporting defects, Now given you seem to have bought Oneplus who already are quite bad for a while now at quality control, already showcase the lack of "tech savyness" as it should be common sense for anyone who is tech savy that oneplus has lost its edge a very long time ago.

I don't define tech savy differently from its orignal definition.

well informed about or proficient in the use of modern technology

It's very clear that you asked for sources, I posted you some and now you are crying that apparently The fact you still don't understand my post is literally proof that you don't know what you're talking about.

You keep ignoring the things I debunk to avoid you losing credability yet you keep showcasing your ignorance towards the Rog 5 and Rog 6. The design of these phones are almost the same, the design is the cause of the problems of the Rog5 and yet you simply cannot seem to wrap your head around basic understanding that the Rog6 will have the same or similair issues because of its design, even people already reporting them.

The only one who keeps spouting nonsense without a shred of evidence has been you and nobody else. You have been going on and on about things you don't know anything about.

We all know how this is going to end, people will cry and beg for help after their phones dies again. You will be one of them as well and the worst part is, you will have learned exacly nothing. This is why the Rog series went down the drain to begin with, the idea of making disposible devices that require repairs which the company can charge big bucks on is a very nice business model which clueless users don't really seem to grasp and keep getting exploited. People have this very weird idea that they are never at fault, that they buying something for big money couldn't possibly be a mistake, deny all proof, deny all evidence, deny deny deny, but when the sht hits the fan, they all come back to hate on ASUS, only to buy the next gen anyways to then repeat the cycle, thinking, this time it will be different. Classic textbook instanity right there.

View post
Yes so am I the one who can't read now or someone just lying after there point is proven wrong? :')
People reporting defect is one person you literally posted and your comment how a lot of people are reporting it. If it was really that bad, we literally be seeing it on reddit, xda and post regardless if the phone has hardly been out and I literally asked for proof of the report. One report = every Rog 6 phone is bad. There is actually people using it with no problem. Your points are really invalid and pointless.
Thank you! So you just proven how wrong your 'tech savvy' assumption are. Thank you for that.
Dude, if I like a phone, I'm gonna buy it, regardless how they started to drop off after OnePlus 7 Pro. If I like a phone and the look of it, I'm buying it. Not everything has to be 'tech savvy' to decide to buy or not - Just proof how ignorant you're to actually real life or something or human nature in general. People have they own opinion to what they want to buy or not. Because you don't think people should not buy OnePlus for your specific reason, doesn't mean it applies to everyone. Like me saying you should go to Android and fuck iPhone etc because the OS is shit. Get me?
I don't think you understand, I'm asking for Rog 6 proof. You're literally just using Rog 5 because it 'looks similar' or the design is similar etc, so we're really going back in circle, back to assuming ay? How do you know they used the same IC, same components inside, if you can proof that, show me and I'll actually start listening. If you can't, then everything you say is bs without proof to back it up.
You're literally making me laugh with your ironic response xD
"The only one who keeps spouting nonsense without a shred of evidence has been you and nobody else. You have been going on and on about things you don't know anything about."
Plus no shred of evidence, I'm literally using a Rog Phone 6 while your playing with a Rog Phone 3. See what I mean? Mr Assuming without any evidence to back his point and doesn't even own the phone since he never wants to get it from your post.
It's actually quite funny, the guy who saying all these bad things don't even have the device. Actually funny.
If my phone does die in the future, i'd be coming on here. But for now, your spouting absoltutely bs and you know it. You do not actually have the phone, unable to provide links of actually 'alot' of users reporting dead Rog 6. Only using Rog 5 post, no evidence but marking it as facts. Cmon dude... if this was in court, the case would have been rejected already if thats your evidence/proof.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
No we wouldnt see it in excess because the phone hasnt been spread out enough yet. If you apply common sense you should know that only a fraction of people use zentalk.
Also no, as I already explained which you quite like to ignore, we don't see it on XDA, reddit or zentalk as much yet. Because the distrubution in china is way larger, hence we see in in out China subforum and on China forums, once the Phone is more spread out in ROW, we will see way more reports from english speaking forums such as XDA, Reddit and here. I still can't quite figure out why you struggle understanding this.
Thank you! So you just proven how wrong your 'tech savvy' assumption are. Thank you for that.
All you have done is deny facts, and keep blabbering about unrelated stuff while being disproven over and over again.
Dude, if I like a phone, I'm gonna buy it, regardless how they started to drop off after OnePlus 7 Pro. If I like a phone and the look of it, I'm buying it. Not everything has to be 'tech savvy' to decide to buy or not - Just proof how ignorant you're to actually real life or something or human nature in general. People have they own opinion to what they want to buy or not. Because you don't think people should not buy OnePlus for your specific reason, doesn't mean it applies to everyone. Like me saying you should go to Android and fuck iPhone etc because the OS is shit. Get me?
I fail to comprehend where I even implied that apparently non tech savy users are forbidden in buying a phone they like. All I'm saying is that non tech savy folks should not comment on technical aspects on a phone, period.
If you like to buy something that you know isnt going to last and will be a buggy in all its lifetime, good for you, but don't go on this forum and spread misinformation while denying facts while commenting on things you don't know anything about. There are a good chunk of people who want a long lasting phone, not swap it out every year or two.
I don't think you understand, I'm asking for Rog 6 proof. You're literally just using Rog 5 because it 'looks similar' or the design is similar etc, so we're really going back in circle, back to assuming ay? How do you know they used the same IC, same components inside, if you can proof that, show me and I'll actually start listening. If you can't, then everything you say is bs without proof to back it up.
Good lord I have serious doubts that posting more proof is going to enlighten you in any way shape or form but lets give it a last try:

Plus no shred of evidence, I'm literally using a Rog Phone 6 while your playing with a Rog Phone 3. See what I mean? Mr Assuming without any evidence to back his point and doesn't even own the phone since he never wants to get it from your post.
Once again, I fail to see your point. Also just because someone doesn't own somehting doesnt mean he doesnt know anything about it. You have no clue about the hardware and design of the Rog6 while I know about it, further showcasing your flawed logic.
If my phone does die in the future, i'd be coming on here
Can we further expand on this? If power IC dies or any issues caused by torn cable/socket/broken solder joints within 1.5years, you'll donate 50euroes to a charity of my choice, deal?

iAmPhilo
Star III
Danishblunt

No we wouldnt see it in excess because the phone hasnt been spread out enough yet. If you apply common sense you should know that only a fraction of people use zentalk.

Also no, as I already explained which you quite like to ignore, we don't see it on XDA, reddit or zentalk as much yet. Because the distrubution in china is way larger, hence we see in in out China subforum and on China forums, once the Phone is more spread out in ROW, we will see way more reports from english speaking forums such as XDA, Reddit and here. I still can't quite figure out why you struggle understanding this.

All you have done is deny facts, and keep blabbering about unrelated stuff while being disproven over and over again.

I fail to comprehend where I even implied that apparently non tech savy users are forbidden in buying a phone they like. All I'm saying is that non tech savy folks should not comment on technical aspects on a phone, period.

If you like to buy something that you know isnt going to last and will be a buggy in all its lifetime, good for you, but don't go on this forum and spread misinformation while denying facts while commenting on things you don't know anything about. There are a good chunk of people who want a long lasting phone, not swap it out every year or two.

Good lord I have serious doubts that posting more proof is going to enlighten you in any way shape or form but lets give it a last try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkxL09-zyHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrTuGHIEjYo

Once again, I fail to see your point. Also just because someone doesn't own somehting doesnt mean he doesnt know anything about it. You have no clue about the hardware and design of the Rog6 while I know about it, further showcasing your flawed logic.

If my phone does die in the future, i'd be coming on here

Can we further expand on this? If power IC dies or any issues caused by torn cable/socket/broken solder joints within 1.5years, you'll donate 50euroes to a charity of my choice, deal?

View post
You literally just proven my point, if the phone was that bad, all the people who bought it and have it would be having issue and posting it even if the size was 100 people. But instead on XDA for PEOPLE who actually own the phone and talking about there experience are actually enjoying the phone, you can check yourself :). Because there is only 1 post, you're literally saying everyone has a bad Rog 6 phone. Then show me the chinese post and links then, I asked for proof, chinese post can easily be translated so it still proof. Show it me.
I Deny "facts" - I think you're just a denial phrase thinking your opinion is facts. Actually funny to see how ironic you try to make your comebacks sound.
If you fail to comphrehend, you really need to go back to read what you posted. You literally said I bought a OnePlus because I'm not tech savy enough, so you're literally basing your opinion that the purchase was bad due to 'tech savvy'. Cmon dude, try better! I am waiting, non technical stuff blah blah blah, what are you saying thats even technical, your literally saying that the phone is bad due to reason fiasco from Rog 5, that is not technical. And again if thats your definition, then yikes again. Maybe go back to google and search and paste the definition again?
"Now given you seem to have bought Oneplus who already are quite bad for a while now at quality control, already showcase the lack of "tech savyness" as it should be common sense for anyone who is tech savy that oneplus has lost its edge a very long time ago."
Theres no misinformation, I literally have the phone and posting my experience, thats not misinformation, thats actually 'fact's which you seem to fail to comphehend as I own the device not some fabricated information from yourself who doesnt.
You're actually the only one misinforming people and don't even own the device. You're not able to proof your point. You're saying that ROG 6 will literally repeat what ROG 5 fiasco yet you're not able to back it up. You just keep going back to history. You may as well say Samsung Notes will all blow up, stop buying it!
Like going back to this point as well "If you like to buy something that you know isnt going to last and will be a buggy in all its lifetime" - Mf actually says it's going to be buggy for lifetime and doesn't even own the 9 Pro I guess. Imagine spouting out information when you don't even own the device, so much for misinformation ay? Oh wait, nevermind I forgot you like assuming things :)! or your opinions are facts!
Your video literally proofs nothing though, a similar design inside does not mean same compenents used for the IC or anything else. You know they can upgrade the IC or whatever your complaining. It just proof how delusional you're lol.
"Once again, I fail to see your point. Also just because someone doesn't own somehting doesnt mean he doesnt know anything about it. You have no clue about the hardware and design of the Rog6 while I know about it, further showcasing your flawed logic." I don't know why you're trying to copy and use my words... Flawed logic, you don't even know the device as you can't even proof if the components inside are the same as Rog 5, just the layout. So much for flawed logic ay?
I can do that, its only 50 Euro. You can do the same, £50 to any charity I say. I'd even up it to 500 EURO for £500.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
iAmPhilo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225556#Comment_225556

You literally just proven my point, if the phone was that bad, all the people who bought it and have it would be having issue and posting it even if the size was 100 people. But instead on XDA for PEOPLE who actually own the phone and talking about there experience are actually enjoying the phone, you can check yourself :). Because there is only 1 post, you're literally saying everyone has a bad Rog 6 phone. Then show me the chinese post and links then, I asked for proof, chinese post can easily be translated so it still proof. Show it me.

I Deny "facts" - I think you're just a denial phrase thinking your opinion is facts. Actually funny to see how ironic you try to make your comebacks sound.

If you fail to comphrehend, you really need to go back to read what you posted. You literally said I bought a OnePlus because I'm not tech savy enough, so you're literally basing your opinion that the purchase was bad due to 'tech savvy'. Cmon dude, try better! I am waiting, non technical stuff blah blah blah, what are you saying thats even technical, your literally saying that the phone is bad due to reason fiasco from Rog 5, that is not technical. And again if thats your definition, then yikes again. Maybe go back to google and search and paste the definition again?

"Now given you seem to have bought Oneplus who already are quite bad for a while now at quality control, already showcase the lack of "tech savyness" as it should be common sense for anyone who is tech savy that oneplus has lost its edge a very long time ago."

Theres no misinformation, I literally have the phone and posting my experience, thats not misinformation, thats actually 'fact's which you seem to fail to comphehend as I own the device not some fabricated information from yourself who doesnt.

You're actually the only one misinforming people and don't even own the device. You're not able to proof your point. You're saying that ROG 6 will literally repeat what ROG 5 fiasco yet you're not able to back it up. You just keep going back to history. You may as well say Samsung Notes will all blow up, stop buying it!

Like going back to this point as well "If you like to buy something that you know isnt going to last and will be a buggy in all its lifetime" - Mf actually says it's going to be buggy for lifetime and doesn't even own the 9 Pro I guess. Imagine spouting out information when you don't even own the device, so much for misinformation ay? Oh wait, nevermind I forgot you like assuming things :)! or your opinions are facts!

Your video literally proofs nothing though, a similar design inside does not mean same compenents used for the IC or anything else. You know they can upgrade the IC or whatever your complaining. It just proof how delusional you're lol.

"Once again, I fail to see your point. Also just because someone doesn't own somehting doesnt mean he doesnt know anything about it. You have no clue about the hardware and design of the Rog6 while I know about it, further showcasing your flawed logic." I don't know why you're trying to copy and use my words... Flawed logic, you don't even know the device as you can't even proof if the components inside are the same as Rog 5, just the layout. So much for flawed logic ay?

I can do that, its only 50 Euro. You can do the same, £50 to any charity I say. I'd even up it to 500 EURO for £500.

View post
I didnt bother to read your response. I can't take you serious anymore sorry.