jajabinx35
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've pre-ordered my phone here in the UK. I chose this over other gaming phones as it has better update support (I had a rog phone 2 which died, then I tried the redmagic 6s pro, which is a good phone but the software support is so bad).

I know this won't go anywhere, but my job is done if this thread gets acknowledged or fed back as feedback to the Devs/Asus management team.
44 REPLIES 44

iAmPhilo
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225360#Comment_225360

Because unlike you im tech savy. I called the rog5 would be disastrous on release, guess how that turned out. Now the rog6 is the same design just with downgrades and a newer chip and you magicially think itll be different. We already got multiple reports of dead power ics on the rog6.

View post
Youre assuming things like im not tech savy, i have been rooting phones since HTC HD2 since XDA was nearly created. But why am I surprised? You're assuming that ROG 6 will be the same as ROG 5. So kind of expected from you and says a lot about you and you're saying its like a fact that ROG 6 will be bad yet its only been out for a month. Kind of laughable.
Can you give me the reports/link of the dead 'IC' for the ROG 6. Theres nothing on XDA, Reddit, so it be interesting to see if there is any truth.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@iAmPhilo
The fact you consider Rooting phones proof of being tech savy only strenghtends my point. I got a discord full of people who arent tech savy and still root their phones.
I'm not assuming, I'm basing it on facts due to teardowns and using my knowledge to make educated guesses. I successfully predicted the state, issues and cause on release with the Rog5. Much like now I've been hated on by fanboys but later most of them came back apologizing while begging me for help because they now sit with a broken phone.
Here are a list of Rog5 failing:
Freefiretelugu

I am recently updated my Asus 12GB 256 GB variant after some days it suddenly struck and restart automatically what what really happened to my phone is any suggestions are advisors please suggest me

Suddenly Struck and Automatic Restart
Gamze

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: ?
  3. Rooted or not: Yes
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Hello,

I was enjoying my phone until it stopped recognizing one of my SIM cards. I tried everything and SIM 1 part is not working. I also cannot check the SIM card properties or mobile data properties etc. since they are not in the menu.

Another problem is, I cannot save my fingerprint anymore, since it cannot be activated as well.

I did factory reset to my Rog Phone and still those problems are going on. What could be the solution?

Many thanks in advance and all the best,

Gamze

ROG Phone 5: Motherboard failure or other hardware issues
KARTHIK R

1. Model Name: ROG 5 8/128
  2. Firmware Version: latest for now 17 aug 2022
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 1st time

My rog phone 5 died suddenly won't turn or charge, when I took it for service center they told me that it is motherboard failure and I need to replace it for 44 thousand and I had paid the phone 50 thousand, my warranty is expired as my phone is 1 year 4 months old. Is there any way to get my phone fixed for any lower cost or any chances to claim the faulty motherboard issue? can anyone let me know? This is the worst phone i have bought till now with such cheap components in the phone and I will never recommend this brand to anyone Asus rog 5 is really the worst phone to buy for the price.

ROG 5 sudden shutdown
Just to name a few, in Rog5 subforum its full of these posts and with the failing wifi/bt thing as well. However lets proceed to the Rog6, already people made some comments about the watered down phone compared to Rog6 so I'll disregard that for now, here are the broken ones you asked for:
genius7321

正常充電,半夜起來發現手機開不了,充電也沒用,只剩下永遠亮著的電源指示燈。

這台第一週使用看youtube溫度就會38~40,送修也沒用,看起來要拿去皇家砸店了。

ROG 6 Pro掛掉
The reason you don't see as many XDA topics yet is simply due to the fact that only very few have made it out of China yet, even in china there really arent that many just yet, however as usual, the reports of broken phones are already there, given the extremely low amount of Rog6 in the wild to begin with, this is already terrible to begin with.
You will likely deny this and keep acting like the Rog6 is the best thing ever, but youll only be one of countless users scratching their head once the phone doesn't turn on or another hardware issue is happening due to the flexing nature of the phone, which should give a ton of older Iphone users a dejavu.
Danishblunt

notagain.jpg

For the Rog2 people this is going to be a dejavu.

And the power IC Saga continues on the Rog5!
Still a thing sadly.

iAmPhilo
Star III
Danishblunt

@iAmPhilo

The fact you consider Rooting phones proof of being tech savy only strenghtends my point. I got a discord full of people who arent tech savy and still root their phones.

I'm not assuming, I'm basing it on facts due to teardowns and using my knowledge to make educated guesses. I successfully predicted the state, issues and cause on release with the Rog5. Much like now I've been hated on by fanboys but later most of them came back apologizing while begging me for help because they now sit with a broken phone.

Here are a list of Rog5 failing:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63042/suddenly-struck-and-automatic-restart

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63335/rog-phone-5-motherboard-failure-or-other-hardware-issue...

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62996/rog-5-sudden-shutdown

Just to name a few, in Rog5 subforum its full of these posts and with the failing wifi/bt thing as well. However lets proceed to the Rog6, already people made some comments about the watered down phone compared to Rog6 so I'll disregard that for now, here are the broken ones you asked for:

https://zentalk.asus.com/zh/discussion/63271/rog-6-pro%E6%8E%9B%E6%8E%89

The reason you don't see as many XDA topics yet is simply due to the fact that only very few have made it out of China yet, even in china there really arent that many just yet, however as usual, the reports of broken phones are already there, given the extremely low amount of Rog6 in the wild to begin with, this is already terrible to begin with.

You will likely deny this and keep acting like the Rog6 is the best thing ever, but youll only be one of countless users scratching their head once the phone doesn't turn on or another hardware issue is happening due to the flexing nature of the phone, which should give a ton of older Iphone users a dejavu.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62659/and-the-power-ic-saga-continues-on-the-rog5

Still a thing sadly.

View post
Yeah strengthen what xD? A dumb point, I ain't gonna waste my time and list what I can do to proof I am tech savy, it's just a general suggestion as you seem to like 'assuming' stuff which shows alot in your post.
The fact you're listing Rog Phone 5 and not Rog Phone 6 IC fail already proofs my point that first you aren't able to support your arguement that Rog 6 are having IC fails and reports of them.
But like I said you're 'assuming' it will happened to the Rog 6 like its a fact and of course I would deny when you are not able to provide any proof. Also the Rog 5 failing WIFI/BT is due to the early chips of Snapdragon 888, happened with Xiaomi, so doesn't really proof anything.
The Rog 6 post also proofs my point, where is the definite proof of IC fail? Really dude, I'm looking for actual concrete facts this would happen to the Rog 6, how you know its not software problem? I've had issue with my OnePlus 9 Pro before when it wouldn't turn on and shit. Did IC die on that as well? Fuck OnePlus too right?
The Rog 6 aint the best thing ever, my Fold 3 is the best thing ever. Although the Fold 4 would be best now, but its not much improvement to upgrade to it.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
iAmPhilo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225536#Comment_225536

Yeah strengthen what xD? A dumb point, I ain't gonna waste my time and list what I can do to proof I am tech savy, it's just a general suggestion as you seem to like 'assuming' stuff which shows alot in your post.

The fact you're listing Rog Phone 5 and not Rog Phone 6 IC fail already proofs my point that first you aren't able to support your arguement that Rog 6 are having IC fails and reports of them.

But like I said you're 'assuming' it will happened to the Rog 6 like its a fact and of course I would deny when you are not able to provide any proof. Also the Rog 5 failing WIFI/BT is due to the early chips of Snapdragon 888, happened with Xiaomi, so doesn't really proof anything.

The Rog 6 post also proofs my point, where is the definite proof of IC fail? Really dude, I'm looking for actual concrete facts this would happen to the Rog 6, how you know its not software problem? I've had issue with my OnePlus 9 Pro before when it wouldn't turn on and shit. Did IC die on that as well? Fuck OnePlus too right?

The Rog 6 aint the best thing ever, my Fold 3 is the best thing ever. Although the Fold 4 would be best now, but its not much improvement to upgrade to it.

View post
You're not tech savy, but now everyone should know by now given your responses. I'm still not assuming, I have shown proof which you don't comment on because you know you're wrong.
I have listed 2x Rog6, but the inability to read seems to prevent you from seeing that. Give it another try, maybe use a magnifying glass.
As for your baseless wifi claim:
Wrong, if it was a chip defect the bluetooth would also be dead as it's a portion of the chip that does wifi.
Also early chips?
Vishnulocal

1. Model Name: Asus Rog 5s
  2. Firmware Version: WLAN.HSP.1.1.c3-00205-QCAHSPSWPL_V1_V2_SILICONZ-1
  3. Rooted or not:Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: from 1 month
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): none

In mobile issueaddition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Wifi and hotspot are not turning on issue
Rog5S with SD 888+, sure is early SD 888 chip or are you trying to define the word "early"?
While you're at, make more things up to demonstrate you don't know what you're talking about. While you keep fanboying and denying facts while making up your own, i suggest you try to reflect on what you write before a large portion of the forum thinks you're loopy.

iAmPhilo
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225538#Comment_225538

You're not tech savy, but now everyone should know by now given your responses. I'm still not assuming, I have shown proof which you don't comment on because you know you're wrong.

I have listed 2x Rog6, but the inability to read seems to prevent you from seeing that. Give it another try, maybe use a magnifying glass.

As for your baseless wifi claim:

Wrong, if it was a chip defect the bluetooth would also be dead as it's a portion of the chip that does wifi.

Also early chips?

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62918/wifi-and-hotspot-are-not-turning-on-issue

Rog5S with SD 888+, sure is early SD 888 chip or are you trying to define the word "early"?

While you're at, make more things up to demonstrate you don't know what you're talking about. While you keep fanboying and denying facts while making up your own, i suggest you try to reflect on what you write before a large portion of the forum thinks you're loopy.

View post
Go on, I like to see what you 'assume' is tech savvy, since you think you're 'Mr Always Right' and can't actually accept the fact that you're not. But go on.
You literally listed a post about a guy who can't turn on his phone on ROG 6 and your own text of saying how much people are reporting how bad ROG Phone 6 is.
That isn't proof, if that is proof, jesus christ, I feel sorry for you. What you mentions are just bs coming out of your ass. I can basically say literally I know 1000 people who has a ROG 6 and they say its the best thing ever. You know what I'm saying ay? I said proof that you HAVE seen failing IC of ROG 6 like your post above have literally said. Not some random stuff coming from yourself.
If you actually wanna spout some shit, at least have proof/evidence to back it up and not come out with bs which seems to be the only arguement you can make so far is utter nonsense lol.
Like I said, mf bringing ROG5S, you literally SAID ROG 5 AND POSTED ROG PHONE 5... I have no comment... You keep adding stuff into your arguement that wasn't even relevant to your past point. Cmon dude... If you're gonna proof a point, actually do it. Stop changing everytime.