This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor problem during conversation

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
During the conversation, when I hold the phone to my ear, sometimes the screen wakes up and my ear starts up various functions of the phone. This is very common after updating to Android 12, previously it was less. Please solve this problem ASAP. Phone software version: 31.1010.0410.72, APP software version: 2.9.0.27_220324
84 REPLIES 84

mattle
Star II
I can only use this phone since I disabled anything related to the proximity sensor (like tap/swipe for unlock, don't allow google assistant to start in lock mode, etc, etc). Phone calls improved, since I have installed a third party calling app.
That being said, this really needs to be resolved by Asus, ASAP. I had my phone adding clients to a family chat group, video calling people randomly while in pocket, etc. Absurd malfunctions for a somewhat premium phone.

cicagorio
Rising Star II
Same here, it's really terrible. Phone keeps activating in my pocket (pocket mode is on), emergency calling, draining battery. During calls I turn on airplane mode, flashlight and whatever else I can do by touching the phone with my face. It is really getting me to the point where I will just buy a new phone. (non Asus one)

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
When is this problem going to be fixed ASUS?
Funnily enough users are reporting the same problem with the Zenfone 9, so I expect it will be fixed eventually

Rachelgomez123
Star III
Ways to fix-
After Screen Replacement
As I mentioned above that Most Mobile Phone Repairing Technicians will use some kind of Glue or Tape while Screen Replacement. Ask the technician to check the Sensor Connector to the Main PCB and also Check if some Glue or Tape or Paint is Blocking the Sensor. Remove any such thing to Fix the Issue.
If you just installed a Screen Protector Glass before the Sensor Problem Occurred, make sure the Glass is for your Model and is Installed Properly. Also make sure that the Back cover of the iPhone is Not Covering the Sensor.
No Screen Replacement and Still the Problem
Restart the Phone
Go To “Call Setting“. In Most Android Smartphones, you will Find the “Call Setting” Option by Pressing the Dealer. In some Brands and Models, you may find the Option in Setting.
Select “Incoming Call Settings”
Incoming Call Settings
Torn ON the “Proximity Sensor” Option
Turn ON Proximity Sensor Option
in 99% of the Cases, this will Solve and Fix the Problem.
But in Case if the Problem is Not Solved then Soft Reset the Phone and Check.
If the Problem is Still Not Solved then Flash the Software.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

Ronzky321
Star III
Rachelgomez123

Ways to fix-

After Screen Replacement

As I mentioned above that Most Mobile Phone Repairing Technicians will use some kind of Glue or Tape while Screen Replacement. Ask the technician to check the Sensor Connector to the Main PCB and also Check if some Glue or Tape or Paint is Blocking the Sensor. Remove any such thing to Fix the Issue.

If you just installed a Screen Protector Glass before the Sensor Problem Occurred, make sure the Glass is for your Model and is Installed Properly. Also make sure that the Back cover of the iPhone is Not Covering the Sensor.

No Screen Replacement and Still the Problem

Restart the Phone

Go To “Call Setting“. In Most Android Smartphones, you will Find the “Call Setting” Option by Pressing the Dealer. In some Brands and Models, you may find the Option in Setting.

Select “Incoming Call Settings”

Incoming Call Settings

Torn ON the “Proximity Sensor” Option

Turn ON Proximity Sensor Option

in 99% of the Cases, this will Solve and Fix the Problem.

But in Case if the Problem is Not Solved then Soft Reset the Phone and Check.

If the Problem is Still Not Solved then Flash the Software.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

View post
In 99% of cases, you won't find this in Settings.