This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade Samsung 1TB M.2 Pcl4 to a 2TB M.2 under the Asus warranty?

FongPoui
Rising Star II
System: WIndows 11
Battery or AC:
Model: UX8402ZE
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Yesterday, I wanted to upgrade the SSD M.2 Nvme 1TB (Samsung) to a WD 2TB. I found that there was a Void on the samsung SSD. The technician advised me to contact Asus center in order to avoid problems. At Asus center, I have to buy a new 2TB from Asus center or I can buy one from any sources and pay a service to Asus center to replace the old one?

6 REPLIES 6

FongPoui
Rising Star II
@popolino1909
I just told my first experience at ASC (Fortune Center, Bangkok, Thailand). No problem with the upgrade but I should be misdirected if I didn't remark "Cloud recovery" in the BIOS display. I asked if after the replacement, I could reinstall Windows 11 on my new SSD M.2 as I used to in MAC OS or not. The reply was no, I needed to reinstall WIndows 11 with my own licensed windows. I was asking in my mind how to recover my Office and windows 11 bundled license.
I was disappointed by the advice of the ASC in Bangkok.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.