This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging with bottom port while casting HDMI on side port

FLS15
Star I
Hi there. As the title said, I can't find anything in the manual regarding plugging in both the side and bottom port. Side for HDMI mirroring to TV and bottom for charging purposes. I think I have a very basic HDMI to USB C converter. It doesn't support charging via the converter itself.
My question Is that is it safe to charge using the bottom port? If I recall it correctly with the ROG Phone 1, the side port has the priority over the bottom port. Had the idea of it would've fried something internally if I use both port at the same time.

4 REPLIES 4

willjoe2442
Star III
Fixes for WiFi Calling Not Working
Restart Your WiFi Router and Phone.
Toggle Airplane Mode On and Off.
Remove and Reinsert the SIM Card.
Reset Network Settings.
Try a Different Wi-Fi Network.

Regards,
Will

Mattias_ASUS
FLS15

Hi there. As the title said, I can't find anything in the manual regarding plugging in both the side and bottom port. Side for HDMI mirroring to TV and bottom for charging purposes. I think I have a very basic HDMI to USB C converter. It doesn't support charging via the converter itself.

My question Is that is it safe to charge using the bottom port? If I recall it correctly with the ROG Phone 1, the side port has the priority over the bottom port. Had the idea of it would've fried something internally if I use both port at the same time.

Charging with bottom port while casting HDMI on side port
Hello!
Yes, it is safe to do so 🙂

FLS15
Star I
Mattias_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63148/charging-with-bottom-port-while-casting-hdmi-on-side-po...

Hello!

Yes, it is safe to do so 🙂

View post
Hi there, thank you for the response. I tried to do so and the phone gets somewhat uncomfortably hot to hold even for a brief moment. Any idea what's the maximum threshold for the temps? I'm afraid if I leave it charging and mirroring at the same time, the temp would go above the max threshold for a prolonged period of time and I don't notice it because I use it to watch movie. I have an old gen Samsung smart tv that doesn't support casting via wi-fi connection.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.