System: Windows 10 64 bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX425EA
Frequency of occurrence: very frequently
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I have a lot of problems with WIFI connection. Last week I updated the WIFI Driver and continued having the same issue. I bought an external WIFI (TP-Link) device connected through USB and it happens the same.
The curious thing is that I have a second laptop (work laptop Lenovo T470) that works perfectly well using the standard WIFI driver from the computer.
Can you please assess me on what might be happening and what I need to do to make the WIFI work properly?
Kind regards
Joan Navarro
13 REPLIES 13

Rachelgomez123
Star III
Fix Wi-Fi connection problems
If you’re having Wi-Fi connection problems or see an Wi-Fi icon with an exclamation point , try the solutions below. After each solution, try to open a webpage on your phone to see if the issue is fixed.

Note: Some of these steps work only on Android 8.1 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
Step 1: Check settings & restart
Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Then turn it off and on again to reconnect. Learn how to connect to Wi-Fi networks. 
Make sure Airplane mode is off. Then turn it on and off again to reconnect. Learn how to enable and disable airplane mode.
Press your phone's power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Restart .

Step 2: Find the problem type
Phone: Try connecting to the Wi-Fi network with another device, like a laptop computer or friend's phone. If other devices can use the network, the problem is most likely with your phone.
Network: Check whether your phone can connect to another Wi-Fi network, like at a friend's house or a public network. If your phone can connect elsewhere, the problem is most likely with the network.
Internet: If your phone connects to the Wi-Fi network but you still have no internet, the problem is most likely with your internet connection.
Step 3: Troubleshoot by problem type
Phone
Delete & re-add network
Check for problem apps
Internet & network
Restart the router & modem
Sign in to a public network
Reset all network settings
Wi-Fi hotspot
Check that hotspot is on
Contact your mobile carrier

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

JarekM
Star II
Something is really wrong with WiFi in UX425.
Similar discussion was several months ago but nobody form asus responded with solution. Look for "UX425EA weak WiFi" thread on this forum.
In my opinion, hope I'm wrong, it's hardware problem. Probably Asus put wrong antennas in wrong place in UX425 nad signal is strongly attenuated. Reinstalling software (drivers, system, etc) most probably will not help. I've also bought small Wifi dongle form TP-Link (Archer T2U nano), but it has so tiny antennas that it doesn't help a lot. Surprisingly this tiny dongle has better signal (stronger TX/RX) than built in antennas.
(My Vivobook and Dell work fine in the same environment.)
I still hope that I'm wrong and Asus will find solution to WiFi problems. But I will think twice before buying Zenbook again.

popolino1909
Star III
Maybe you need a driver update?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.