This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling / VoWifi for Orange PL and other networks.

babol
Star III
Hi,
I'd like to ask if there is any work in progress on enabling wifi calling for Orange PL or other providers on Zenfone 8? It seems to not function at all in Poland. I saw some threads regarding T-Mobile supporting wifi calling for this phone but a lot of people complained it doesn't work properly anyway. So changing the carrier is also not an option.
If you're advertising your product as a premium device without support for such important feature it would be very disappointing. Nothing has changed since the phone release.
This needs to be sorted out. Otherwise I will sell the phone and never buy anything else made by Asus if the post sale support is none in this matter.
Waiting for a reply.
Best regards,
Tomasz

31 REPLIES 31

babol
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225310#Comment_225310

What?

What do you mean should work out of the box? VoLTE works just fine, but its your provider not allowing the device to use VoLTE features, what exacly do you expect ASUS to do? You can enable VoLTE from your phone so you can tick it on, but you won't get a VoLTE logo because Orange won't let you use it.

View post
Well, no. Its not my provider. It's any provider in my country. So do you really think it's not Asus being unable to pass the certification process? So why other major brands have support for Vowifi using my provider and Asus does not?
When I was buying the phone, Vowifi was briefly supported in Orange PL. This was one of the reasons I bought it. And after a few weeks this feature just disappeared leaving me without cellphone reception (I am only able to get Internet signal using an external antenna connected to the router).
I just expect some information whether such support for Orange PL Vowifi is planned in the near future or not.

maVerickV
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225310#Comment_225310

What?

What do you mean should work out of the box? VoLTE works just fine, but its your provider not allowing the device to use VoLTE features, what exacly do you expect ASUS to do? You can enable VoLTE from your phone so you can tick it on, but you won't get a VoLTE logo because Orange won't let you use it.

View post
I cannot understand your logic. For some reason provider is blocking VoLTE and VoWIFI for Zenfone 8 - I don't know whose fault it is and actually for the matter of this discussion it is not so important. And you think that Asus should just let go and say "Meh, forget it, not my problem"? I am not saying that OrangePL or whichever other carrier, is doing ok with blocking those services, maybe they are doing it just because of their laisines or whatever. But I think that Asus, as a manufacturer is the one who should want the carriers to utilise full potential of their phones and provide full service to the customers and that they should work with the carriers in order to achieve that. This would make everybody happy (maybe except the devs responsible for finding the solution).
What is more, as @babol said, other phones, not even from premium segment, have fully operational VoLTE and VoWIFI in OrangePL and other networks, so it is doable.
As far as I know, phone manufacturers have two ways of implementing VoLTE and VoWIFI - they can either use out-of-the-box solution from chipset provider (in this case, Qualcomm) or they can develop their own implementation. And to be honest I have absolutely no idea, which approach is utilized by Asus.
I suppose that you have fully operational VoLTE and VoWIFI or you don't but don't mind, hence your point of view is different from ours.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
babol

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225354#Comment_225354

Well, no. Its not my provider. It's any provider in my country. So do you really think it's not Asus being unable to pass the certification process? So why other major brands have support for Vowifi using my provider and Asus does not?

When I was buying the phone, Vowifi was briefly supported in Orange PL. This was one of the reasons I bought it. And after a few weeks this feature just disappeared leaving me without cellphone reception (I am only able to get Internet signal using an external antenna connected to the router).

I just expect some information whether such support for Orange PL Vowifi is planned in the near future or not.

View post
So now you even admit that the feature "dissapeared" after weeks despite not updaing the phone and you still cant see how thats orange blocking you out?
Thefk dude.
@maVerickV so what do you suggest? Asus kidnapping orange top and force them to enable the phones again?
Obviously its doable, nobody said anything else, but it relies on the fact that orange needs to allow the phone to use volte again, since it obviously did at some point.
Nah i had no volte support due to some sub provider bs, so i enabled it myself manually.

babol
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225361#Comment_225361

So now you even admit that the feature "dissapeared" after weeks despite not updaing the phone and you still cant see how thats orange blocking you out?

Thefk dude.

@maVerickV so what do you suggest? Asus kidnapping orange top and force them to enable the phones again?

Obviously its doable, nobody said anything else, but it relies on the fact that orange needs to allow the phone to use volte again, since it obviously did at some point.

Nah i had no volte support due to some sub provider bs, so i enabled it myself manually.

View post
Come on... "Thefk dude"?
There was a patch issued by Asus that disabled this feature after a brief time period. So for some reason Asus disabled the Vowifi support for Orange PL. Probably because it wasn't working so well.

Tuathe
Star III
I was speaking to asus and orange pl about this topic. Orange PL block VoLTE and VoWifi on Asus Zenfone 8 because phone dont pas certification tests. This is probably fault of some update (ASUS did something i think). I create a vote on Orange PL forum to reapete test for certification, if it pass then the function will be unlock. 
nasz.orange.pl/t5/Pomys%C5%82y/Asus-Zenfone-8-dodanie-VoLTE-oraz-VoWiFi/idi-p/318389 (add http:// - still can't post links.....)
Its true that ASUS should take care of this topic. But PL market isn't generating most profit for ASUS phones. So we need to take care ourselves about this.