jajabinx35
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've pre-ordered my phone here in the UK. I chose this over other gaming phones as it has better update support (I had a rog phone 2 which died, then I tried the redmagic 6s pro, which is a good phone but the software support is so bad).

I know this won't go anywhere, but my job is done if this thread gets acknowledged or fed back as feedback to the Devs/Asus management team.
44 REPLIES 44

jajabinx35
Star III
DeLLiAnO

I used rog phone 2, till the day i received rog phone 6.

I can tell you, the battery after all these years of intense usage, was still like i had him like day 1. Never had 1 issue, and could still play easly genshin impact.

Only thing i would like to see changing, is faster security updates. Now its like for example if its been from januari, you get the security patch in march for februari. Dont like that.

Longer software, security patch in years, as also 3 instead of 2 mayjor upgrades. Viewing from my point of view asus rog phone 2 could handle easly android 12

View post
Exactly the same thoughts here. I loved the battery of my rog 2. I used it non stop and sadly it died. So I'm extra protective of my rog phone 6 and honestly it would be a huge improvement if the devs manage to get the major update support from two to three years.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@jajabinx35
Sadly you can't protect it, it will die on you regardless if you want it or not. The design of the rog5/rog6 is a massive failure. Here are issues the Rog5 users are facing:
Dead wifi/hotspot
Dead airtriggers
Nuked storage (rare)
sim1 not working
shorted power IC
Dead Fingerprint
After roughly a year we will see aother long list on how the Rog6 will have its very common failures due to its pathethic design.

iAmPhilo
Star III
Danishblunt

@jajabinx35

Sadly you can't protect it, it will die on you regardless if you want it or not. The design of the rog5/rog6 is a massive failure. Here are issues the Rog5 users are facing:

• Dead wifi/hotspot
  • Dead airtriggers
  • Nuked storage (rare)
  • sim1 not working
  • shorted power IC
  • Dead Fingerprint

After roughly a year we will see aother long list on how the Rog6 will have its very common failures due to its pathethic design.

View post
I got my Rog 6 last week and decided to join forum for people who are using the same phone. Only thing I've seen in this Zentalk is you complaining because of bad history with Asus themselve. The Rog Phone 6 has hardly been out and your reporting stuff like it's a definite fact and it will happen.

Crimis
Rising Star I
jajabinx35

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I've pre-ordered my phone here in the UK. I chose this over other gaming phones as it has better update support (I had a rog phone 2 which died, then I tried the redmagic 6s pro, which is a good phone but the software support is so bad).

I know this won't go anywhere, but my job is done if this thread gets acknowledged or fed back as feedback to the Devs/Asus management team.

please can Asus consider arranging three android updates instead of two

Some of top top voted topics in the ideas forum are about software support. Also it's mentioned in every review about every Asus phone since at least a year. It does not look like it's going to change anytime soon. If Asus was willing to change it they would have done it already I suppose.

AmitGarde

Zenfones from 2018 and beyond should get 3 years of OS support with security patches.

Zenfone 5z - Android 11 with Zenui 6 or Zenui 7

Zenfone 6 - Android 12 with Zenui 7 or Zenui 8

Zenfone 7 - Android 13 With Zenui 8 or Zenui 9

Zenfone 8 series-Android 14 with Zenui 9 or Zenui 10.

Guys if you support this idea your votes are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

@Kris_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS

Support extension for 3 years on Zenfones.
sidarya31

3yrs of Software updates/support is must for flagships of Asus like any other Brands providing. As Asus lacks in software department, it have to be strong enough to trigger issues n all.

3yrs of Software update atleast for flagships.
GREEKLEADER

Do not leave us behind,make sure you provide stable Updates For Up to Android 13 minimum with bug fixes,driver optimizations and game changing features like when you gave us the bypass charging feature

We have the hardware for it,and we are more than patient for your updates if they contain atleast a driver update every month or so

Do not miss this opportunity,if you play your cards correctly,you as a Company will be at a much higher status later

Android support to atleast Android 13 for the ROG 3 and 5

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
iAmPhilo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225277#Comment_225277

I got my Rog 6 last week and decided to join forum for people who are using the same phone. Only thing I've seen in this Zentalk is you complaining because of bad history with Asus themselve. The Rog Phone 6 has hardly been out and your reporting stuff like it's a definite fact and it will happen.

View post
Because unlike you im tech savy. I called the rog5 would be disastrous on release, guess how that turned out. Now the rog6 is the same design just with downgrades and a newer chip and you magicially think itll be different. We already got multiple reports of dead power ics on the rog6.